“Excellent fresh seafood!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Catch 27 - MOVED

Catch 27
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Catch 27 stands for fresh locally caught Florida seafood. We believe in cooking everything from scratch with local ingredients. Sea lovers and Land lovers will all find something they'll enjoy.
winter park, fl
“Excellent fresh seafood!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Food was excellent! My husband and I are picky about seafood. It has too be super fresh (due to the fact we usually catch our own). The seafood was super fresh and oh so good!! We had the shrimp and grit cakes and the blackened flounder with sherry cream sauce and angle hair pasta and green beans. The shrimp were huge and cooked perfect! The grit cakes were so good! My husband said best he's ever had! My flounder was cooked perfect. The sauce was mostly on the side which I liked. This way the fish was not covered in sauce and you could add as you like. It was one of the best fish dishes I've ever had at a Resturant. Our server was friendly and efficient! Loved that we could bring our own wine with no corkage fee. Pricing was very reasonable. This is a small casual Resturant with only a few tables. I would recommend making reservations. We sat near a window and saw many people come in without reservations and have to leave due to the fact There's really nowhere to wait for a table. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful little gem of a Resturant!! Ps. I never take the time to write reviews but felt like I had to give them a big thumbs up! :)

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Not Worthy of It's Top 10 Ranking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We ate here for lunch on a Monday afternoon in March.

We got there about 1:30 and were offered a table inside but asked for an outdoor table and were pointed to table on the patio.

We sat down on the patio and waited for a few minutes and then picked up on a conversation a nearby group was having. It seems they had been waiting sometime for their check and someone in that group mentioned that there was only one waitress waiting tables inside and out.

After several more minutes and no service we decided to leave and go somewhere else. About the time we get to the exit the waitress comes out apologizing for the delay and says she will now take care of us. We decided to stay.

We ordered fish tacos and a crab cake sandwich. A fairly simple order for sure.

The nearby party eventually paid their order and left and another party took that table. Now the real disturbing part of this all is that we had been there about 30 minutes longer than the second party. But they got their food before us!

We got our food eventually. It was indeed very good as other reviews have mentioned.

The bad thing is that no one apologized for the long delay or explained it at all.

I assume that the waitress was not at fault here but management was. They were just understaffed for this particular day. Maybe in the kitchen? A final word: We walked by this place that evening and looked in. The same single waitress was still waiting all tables. So, I’m fairly sure this was just a staffing issue and not her fault.

But it was the worst dining experience of our seven day vacation. If not for the quality of the food I would have made my overall ranking lower than it is.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fun little stop for dinner - make reservation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Catch 27 is in in a small old building in the heart of old town, limit tables inside and out. I was pleasantly surprised with the wonderful they they're crafting. Romantic spot for dinner, but call ahead to make reservations so you can get in. Also, they don't serve alcohol but you can bring your own bottle of wine with no corkage fee. The waiter will gladly open and serve.

nevada
“A budding destination restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had dinner for two on a Sunday evening. Recommend reservations as the restaurant is very small. Had a hummus appetizer which was delicious and the Yellow tail Snapper as an entree.
The fish was cooked to perfection as were the vegetables.
Had a chance to meet the chef, a young lady who had recently graduated from a local cooking institute.
They are sure to become victims of their own success as the restaurant is small and reservations will be hard to come by.
My only criticism as they climb the ladder of success is the presentation of the entrees, ours being more diner-style than five-star.

West Palm Beach, FL
“BEST FOOD IN ST. AUGUSTINE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Catch 27 is the best restaurant in St. Augustine! It is a small restaurant but it is worth it. The fish is the best and they have 2 amazing preparations. The shrimp and grits is TOO DIE FOR! This is a must visit when you travel to Saint Augustine. The waiter was very nice and did not keep us waiting. All of the entrees were amazing that were ordered. I suggest the Rustic Fish or the Blackened Fish.