“Order the shrimp and grits!!!!”
Review of Catch 27 - MOVED

Catch 27
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Catch 27 stands for fresh locally caught Florida seafood. We believe in cooking everything from scratch with local ingredients. Sea lovers and Land lovers will all find something they'll enjoy.
Tampa, Florida
“Order the shrimp and grits!!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We loved everything about this place. It was intimate (not touristy at all), it was locally focused, it was personal and the food was crazy delicious. Our server, Chris, could not have been more perfect and made our experience that much more enjoyable. Will definitely be back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank catbyrd

Putney, Vermont
“great little place”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This place is a must if you're looking for a food experience not necessarily an event kind of meal. The atmosphere is fine enough, small and cramped, but it's the food you're coming for. The fish dishes were all great. We had the shrimp and grits app along with crab cakes. I know that doesn't sound exciting, but they were off the charts delicious. We've been getting crab cakes in each restaurant we visit on this trip and these were by far the best. For the meal it was fish tacos (some of the best I've ever had) and catch of the day-flounder served with angel hair pasta, beans and a light cream sauce. All four were spot on. The server really knew her stuff and even though she had the whole place to herself she still was timely and once it was clear that we were excited to be there she was very friendly and informative. I used to wait on tables and it takes a special type to run a whole busy place and not get panicky. Perfect lunch destination and will be back next time we come to St. Augustine.

Oxford
“Tiny Bistro”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place reminded me of a small French Bistro in terms of size. Whilst the food was fresh and menu fairly small, the quality of the food was simply not as good as one would find at a "chef owned" bistro in France or the UK. Perhaps one reason for this was that the owner is not the chef, who is employed by him. Other people have commented about good quality, but poor service. In our case it was the reverse, with excellent service but mediocre food.

Leeds, MA
“best fish sandwich”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stopped here with a fried who has been to St. Augustine several times. It was my first trip and we went to Catch 27 based on a trip advisor review. It was lunch and we were the first customers of the day. The server was very knowledgeable and helpful. I asked for his recommendation and he suggested the fish sandwich which a local person had told me was great. The snapper had come off the boat an hour earlier and was grilled to perfection. The homemade remoulade sauce was delicious and it came with a nice side caesar, one of several options. We were full and passed on dessert although that sounded delicious as well. This is one of the surprisingly few local restaurants that serves fresh local fish and I was very pleased. The restaurant is small and has a nice little outdoor seating area.

• Visited December 2013
“Great food, but scary small...”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were lucky to go on a slow Monday night and what a treat it was! My wife and I nearly fought over the shrimp and grits appetizer. I am a fan of the dish at other restaurants and it was the first time that I have seen the grits presented as cakes. They were wonderful and the shrimp was blackened which was a nice touch. I will get it as an entree on a future visit.
The catch of the day was flounder and I had it blackened and it was served over pasta with a sherry sauce. Blame it on too many family vacations as a kid when flounder was THE fish on most menus, but flounder didn't strike me as a very sexy choice when I ordered it. However, it blew me away. It has been the best meal I have had in town in the last two weeks we have spent visiting St. Augustine. The only food drawback was on my wife's plate as she had a rather bland serving of angel hair pasta with no sauce.
When a couple came in after us, all of the tables (maybe 10 or 12 total) were taken and there was one waitress on duty. She did an adequate job despite our water glasses not being refilled and the appetizer and salads running up on each other. I would be afraid of returning with my hopes set on eating here again because it is so small and it seems like busier times of year might make it impossible to get a table. It is quite a treat if you can get in, though.