“Awesome surprise!”
Review of Catch 27 - MOVED

Catch 27
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Catch 27 stands for fresh locally caught Florida seafood. We believe in cooking everything from scratch with local ingredients. Sea lovers and Land lovers will all find something they'll enjoy.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were surprised and pleased to get a recommendation from the local hotel. We walked to the restaurant from the hotel, a short block or two. We walked in and were fortunately able to get seated. I would highly recommend calling for recommendations, as it is a small eating area. The menu is based on the local fresh markets that the owner gets in the morning. It is a smaller intimate staff. All the food our party had was delicious. The fresh fish was grouper and really good. Food is prepared with sauces that enhance the flavor and don't cover it up. The restaurant does not have a liquor license so you are encouraged to bring your own.

There are newer reviews for Catch 27

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We started with the lemon tahini hummus with homemade croutons which was delicious. I got fish tacos and my wife got the shrimp tacos- very fresh and simple. Make sure to get both the garlic aioli and chipotle sauces- they are amazing! The place is small but doesn't feel crowded, and they play great music. Loved it!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were seated outside at a bistro table, which was awesome until the live band started 10 feet away at 8pm. So come early! It's a byob place, but there is a bar next door if you are desperate! Place and menu are tiny, a reflection of the kitchen size, but their food is local and cooked wonderfully. We started with the hummus and veggies and used our forks to scrape up the last bits, so good, but no pita, they use seasoned croutons. My husbands snapper was perfect, but I could have eaten just the carrots and broccoli that accompanied it. Don't know what they used for sauce, but both were light and sweet. My fish tacos were good, but the rustic fish was way better.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Walking in you feel like you have arrived in a friend's dinning room. Small, quiet place with terrific food. If you're looking to try something different in the middle of all the hype of historic St. Augustine this is your place. The crab cakes were just right - great flavor and cooked to a beautiful toasty brown. The beef ribs fell off the bone and had a rich flavor. Sides of carrots and potatoes were the perfect addition to the beef.

If you go it's BYOB - locals show up with their own wine and are graciously served. Be prepared to wait a little longer if the place is busy - it's a small kitchen. But it is worth the wait.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

First, the good stuff: the fish was *excellent* (though the selection was minimal). It was very, very fresh and absolutely local - which was why we tried it here. The service was fast, the food came out fast and it was friendly. I also really liked the wifi ordering system and checks. That was nifty.

But then there were the not-so-good things... The menu and the cooking were uninspired and the dishes overpriced for what we got. Portions were meager (I don't expect a huge amount of food, but for the price, I expected more or better) and my husband (who was a chef for years) found it rather bland (so did I).

It's a newer restaurant so hopefully it'll get better with time?