“We can't stop thinking about this restaurant!”
Review of Catch 27 - MOVED

Catch 27
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Catch 27 stands for fresh locally caught Florida seafood. We believe in cooking everything from scratch with local ingredients. Sea lovers and Land lovers will all find something they'll enjoy.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited St Augustine with my fiance for the first time last month and we only ate at this restaurant for dinner on both nights! The fiss is incredibly fresh, caught that day, cooked to perfection, nice sizes portions, and you can bring your own wine. You get a salad with your dinner, and the staff is very friendly! The only problem was that even with our reservation we had to wait a very very long time. However, the honor made it up to us by taking 50% off our bill! You can't beat that service. Every time we eat fish now when we travel we lament about Catch 27. Simplicity at it's finest!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our second time here and we were not disappointed. We even brought along more guests to enjoy the experience with us. The shrimp and grits appy was wonderful as it was last time. the grits are cooked in a patty, not a sloppy pile, and the shrimp and sauce compliment the starch perfectly. Their fish tacos were awesome, as we had heard. The short ribs and rustic fish were succulent. I am not a big fan of carrots, but however they prepare them, they make an ordinary veggie really memorable. We have not tried desserts here yet, but given how great all the other food is, I am sure they too are top notch.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great little place!!! Went there the first week it opened with my husband for lunch, everything was great, we decided to do dinner, this time.... loved it....portions were great, the service was excellent, my husband had the shrimp gumbo and said it was the best he had!!! Looking forward to going again real soon.....

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This small but fabulous restaurant has great food. The menu is very creative, and the owner Steven stopped and introduced himself to our table . Our server Vicki did a great job with our large party.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

So new they don't have a liquor license, but I rather like bringing my own wine. We stopped for lunch--drawn in by the local, fresh sign-- and were dismayed to hear they didn't have wine. The server referred us to a wine shop just a bit down the road, and I dashed off--got a really good suggestion for a good affordable wine--so found not just a good restaurant, but also a good wine shop! My friends were enjoying an appetizer when I returned.

They didn't have shrimp that day (They only serve fresh fish available from their local suppliers.), but the crab sandwich was outstanding, as was their humus (I never order humus, but my friends did--and wow!). The service was delightful. We enjoyed our girls' lunch so much, we brought the whole group of 12 back a few days later. They had shrimp that day--and the shrimp and grits was outstanding. My husband's fish was so fresh--really fabulous. A different waiter--but just as informed and good and helpful as the one before.

If you like local places......with the freshest food that is delicious, Catch 27 is the place to go.