“Always a great experience”
Review of Spanky's Pizza House II - CLOSED

Spanky's Pizza House II
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Jacksonville
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2008

When I worked at the Publix in the plaza I often enjoyed heading down to Spankys for dinner, the food was always great, and the service was always spot on and prompt. I havent worked at Publix in over 8 years but my family and I still love to eat at Spankys. More often than not we get the pizza to go, and my only complaint is that the smell of the pizza is so heavenly that it takes all my willpower not to grab a piece before I get it home. I have never once been disapointed, and am very much looking forward to my next slice.

St. Augustine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza In All of St. Augustine!”
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I have never eaten in a more family friendly atmosphere! The food is top notch and the service is by far the best I have ever recieved! Upon walking through the front door we were greeted by a lovely young women who poured on the southern charm when greeting us. She promptly arrived with our menus and took our drink order and was attentive to all our needs. It was a pleasure to be waited on by such a classy and bubbly waitress! I would personally like to commend the owners for hiring such a professional employee. She has never forgotten us, and can now take our order when she sees us in the parking lot. It is nice to feel welcome and be known by our first names. I would suggest anyone who is looking for a nice meal to try Spanky's on any night that Whitney is working. The food and service can not be beaten.

1 Thank underparr
florida
“Wanted Pizza, got disgrace!”
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Driving through the neighborhood, I noticed this little pizza place in the Publix Plaza. Having my wife and two children with me, we decided to stop to eat. Just walking in the door began my horrible experience. Without even being acknowledged, I asked the unclean man behind the counter if we sat ourselves. He said "That's why I didn't come running to you". Sitting at a table by the window, my children began to get restless like most kids. No lie, after 15 minutes, the man finally decided to come and get our drink order. Waiting only a few moments, the man returns with our drinks and asked if there was any appetizers we would like while deciding. My wife decided upon a greek salad and my children, a tossed salad to share. The salads returned to our table again, almost 10 minutes later with lettuce soggy and ROTTEN tomatoes on top. The man said they were the new tomatoes ordered, but suggested he bring us fresh. We declined his offer, anticipating instead our meal. Ordering something easy, we decided on a 16 inch New York style cheese and pepperoni. While waiting, the man stood before the counter with comedy central on tv. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with comedy central, but when we are the only family in the restaurant and have two kids under 10 years old, a television show on sex and drugs really isn't appropriate. A woman came in while we were waiting and walked up to the counter where the man was standing. She whispered to him and they walked around the hallway towards the back of the store out of view. Our pizza came up into the window and there it sat for A HALF HOUR! The man returned, brought us our food, and returned back toward the back. The pizza was completely cold and had no pepporonis on top but instead almost like full of meat. Disgusted, my family and I got up, put a 10 dollar bill on the table for our drinks we enjoyed, and walked out the door. A larger man, very built, came running out the door saying "Hey you gotta pay for your meal". We got in our car and left, never to return to that place again.

It really is sad. My family is very open to trying new things and hardly ever become unhappy with service but this was ridiculous. What kind of restaurant treats their customers this way. I recommend everyone to not even bother to stop in! It is not worth the effort.

5 Thank ufgatorgirl09
swatpj, owner at Spanky's Pizza House II, responded to this review, May 12, 2008
I wanted to write to you to thank you for your review, beacuse I had no idea this was going on. We value our customers VERY much because we have alot of repeat customers. Our quality of our food is also important to us And this is sad that things like this happen when we are not there. I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me back with some more info. obout the date and time when you were in, so i can follow up on this and put a stop to this.
Patricia