“Excellent Food, Service & Prices!”

Ned's Southside Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 655 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Classic Dinners, Fresh Salads, Seafood, Soups, Sandwiches and more, all in a welcoming atmosphere. Find us on Facebook for weekly & daily Blue Plate specials. Call ahead for window service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in to this Small Looking Diner and had a Great Dinner. Shrimp Jackson was extremely tasty and spicy. What a delight we stopped here. My wife had the Teriyaki Shrimp and it was almost too much food. We we be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Crowded and busy? Yes. Good food? Yes! Locally owned and operated? Yes! Ned’s is still as good value, even though Ned is no longer the owner. This is still a good place for a reasonably priced, tasty meal on Route 1 south of St. Augustine.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a very popular breakfast and lunch spot. Their prices are reasonable, food good and the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What the hell took me so long. The name of the place never made me say, "hey, let's check out Ned's". Don't do what I did...check this place out. I suspect you'll be very happy you did. Granted, this review is for one visit, two meals, but the way things looked at other tables (and the many glowing reviews), I'll be back and plan to update my review. For now, this is a 5-star joint.

On a whim, and to see what this place could do with a simple dish, I had the Beef Stroganoff special ($12.49). I would (literally) take a bath in the this dish. The beef was tender, the gravy was savory (sauteed garlic and onion), and the noodles were perfectly done. The portion was sufficient to fill up on Wednesday night, and finish it for lunch on Thursday. The meat is leftover from their prime rib dinner. You could tell it was prime Angus...melt in your mouth. Even the little piece of garlic bread didn't disappoint. In fact, that's my only "complaint"...more of that bread please, the sauce is begging for it.

The wife went in another direction...she was intrigued by the Greek selections. Here we're looking to see what they can do with a specialty like grape leaves. She ordered the Grape Leaves Platter ($8.99). I'm not Greek, but I have had my share of grape leaves and these were very good. They had just the right amount of lemon, they were soft but not mushy, and the leaves tasted very fresh. The hummus in the center of the platter was excellent (the little I managed to taste). The tray was filled with sliced cucumbers, chopped tomatoes, minced red onion, and super fresh and tender pita wedges. We finished the platter as a team. Solid recommendation.

The menu is diverse, but I'm encouraged by the first two tests. Service was friendly and efficient. They server alcohol, but we opted for water, leaving our tab at $22.88.

Ken, the new owner stopped by to check on us. He's got experience in this kind of business in Long Island. So far, I'm glad he's the new caretaker of Ned's. He clearly is passionate about his business. He did stints as the doorman, greeting people coming in and thanking those on exit.

And let's talk take out. They were doing a brisk business at the drive thru. So, figure out what you like, phone in, pick-up, and take home.

In conclusion, I haven't been this excited about a new restaurant experience in St. Augustine since my first encounter with Smokin' D's out on US-1 at FL-206 back in 2008. I can't wait to return.

2  Thank steel_miller
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Ned’s Southside Kitchen hits all of the marks of a great little diner! The atmosphere is bustling, the wait staff is hustling! The food is tasty, plentiful and attractive,ready quickly! It was a chilly evening, I had a turkey dinner, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet carrots and broccoli with a tasty bit of sweet sauerkraut perfect contrasts! My husband had flounder with a nice bit of butter sauce and sun dried tomatoes..he loved it. The restaurant is not on the beach road, but up a couple of miles close by..priced well! You can’t go Wrong!