“Great Find”
Review of Cap's on the Water

Cap's on the Water
Ranked #27 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Caps was right on the beach. Outside dining was great. Great food, staff and atmosphere. Kid friendly. Will be going back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Cap's has been one of our favorite spots for a long time, you can't beat the location on the Inter Coastal to watch a gorgeous sunset! (During the day you see dolphins plus there are always aerobatics going on from St Augustine Airport across the water) I have always said that if you enjoy nice wines, you eat free at Cap's! The reason for this is that they only add a small profit on to the wines so that you can sample one of the most extensive lists in Northeast Florida. Enjoy a nice bottle of Du Mol Russian River Chardonnay and fresh oysters. Can't beat it!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location was very scenic and breathtaking. The food was very good but our waitress was not very friendly and the food took awhile to be served. I would come back if in the area and would try to get a different server (I might have have better luck next time).

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We really enjoyed this restaurant and the view of the sunset. The food was very good, but more importantly to me (at times) is the service, my daughter and I wanted a slow and leisurely dinner and the waitress didnt rush us through our decisions or progress.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was ashamed that I took our family from out of town there. Our party of 10 waited over and hour an a half for the table. This was tolerable since it was the 4th of July weekend. However, the manager sat our party of 10 at a table setup for a party 8. After asking for another table because it was to tight and cramped, The manager was rude and unaccommodating. Grant it the customer may not always be right, but you treat them like they are. In this case we were not unreasonable!!!!

After that incident, the food was taking too long to come out of the kitchen. When it did, my flounder had a HAIR in it. Needless to say, the manager did not come over an apologize, nor did they offer to comp an appetizer or drink for the trouble.

I am a long time resident of St. Augustine. The wait was too long and the food is over priced and below average.

3  Thank David_C010101