“Huge Breakfasts”
Review of Sea Oats Caffe'

Sea Oats Caffe'
Ranked #130 of 590 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
St. Augustine, Florida
“Huge Breakfasts”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Their breakfasts are unbelievable. Pancakes, omelets and specials. Their sandwiches are excellent, different blends of meats and seafood. Salads are enormous. Super place, friendly and relaxing. Be prepared to stand in line during the summer season.

Visited November 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Diamond in the Rough: This place can be huge!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

As a professionally trained chef who's cooked on some of the best lines in the US, I'm a very critical diner. Over the course of my winter road trip vacation in sunny Florida I did not find a better meal than the unexpected surprise that is Sea Oats Caffe. My girlfriend and I stumbled on the place by accident after hitting the Starbucks for some coffee (a good go-to when traveling, but I usually prefer a better cup-a-joe).

Every bite was delicious and every component of the meal was well prepared. We had a hard time choosing among the exciting flavors of pancakes and were thrilled with the home-made, fluffy, delicious Chili Chocolate Chip and Lime Zest. This was no box mix either, I know because I got a baking soda bubble. Don't let that scare you, though. The sign of freshness and kitchen craft was well worth the glitch. Anyway, I had the Florentine-style Crab Cake Benedict which was AMAZING. The cakes were prepared with a house recipe that included scallions, finely minced bell pepper and all the right seasonings. They were seared and not deep fried and the crab was of great quality. The hollandaise was freshly made, the spinach perfectly sauteed and even the English muffin nicely toasted. The home fries were the right mix of crispy and soft and there were even some bits of bacon in them, YUM! My girlfriend had a basic breakfast. Her grits were perfectly prepared (the Southern way, not instant). She was very, very happy!

As someone who has experience with both restaurants and advertising/graphic design, I think the facade and brand identity of the Sea Oats Caffe is its only challenge. I have to admit that I initially had reservations due to the tinted windows and tacky mix of fonts, as well as the fact it was located in a basic shopping center. The business could use a professional face lift to better reflect the stellar product it offers. I hope this businesses succeeds and I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to eat excellent, fresh food at an affordable price.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Allen D
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Hidden Gem of a local cafe”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this nice local cafe while looking for the Subway my Brother enjoyed last visit. Since it was after 11am most places stop serving breakfast and we remembered the shopping center from last visit. This is a local gem hidden in this shopping center..There is all sorts of different breakfast items served all day! The service was good and prices were too.. Just alittle crowded with the lay out of seating..We'll definitely visit again when local!

1 Thank Jeremy_Jill_USMC
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great Prices and Great Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Front Desk of our hotel suggested Sea Oats to us so glad we tried them. The place is a little small and is busy but worth the wait. I fed my family of three for $33 and none of us need to eat again til dinner. They have something like 24 types of pancakes and the pancakes are HUGE. The service was good. Lots of interesting items on the menu. VERY CLEAN and great prices.

• Visited November 2012
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PANCAKES”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The pancakes are tasty and huge, the biggest ever. I had plain with eggs and it was excellent. My mom had the blueberry pancake with eggs and sausage. My mom is not a big eater so the pancake was enough for breakfast the next day.

Visited November 2012