“Nice casual place for lunch on the water”
Review of Kingfish Grill

Kingfish Grill
Ranked #72 of 610 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Island Marina, THE KINGFISH GRILL offers spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone...."Bring the Family"! The HARBORVIEW BANQUET ROOM above Kingfish Grill is a beautiful second story event room with seating from 30 to 125. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, and Social Gatherings, THE HARBORVIEW ROOM is spectacular space. Let us take care of all your needs so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own party.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just had lunch & the kingfisher grill, our first time, we are in town visiting family. The food was good, my husband had the fish tacos, blackened, he really liked them. I had the Mediterranean salad with mahi mahi, it was okay, it could of been bigger and had more feta. The mahi mahi was a little bland, I just had it grilled, not blackened. The meal was reasonably priced, the atmosphere was casual, the water view was really nice, we enjoyed it and would go back again.

KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we do hope you're able to visit us again on your next visit to St. Augustine!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Camachee Harbor, which is in the parking lot of this place. Just walked over, thinking we'd grab something quick. Very good food. They give you garlic bread while you wait. Sushi bar, full bar (yummy margaritas), we had an appetizer, then our meal. I'll be honest, even though it's seafood, I had a burger. So good. Gilled, and huge. Hubbs had the seafood platter, lots of food, and also good. Attentive staff, great views of the harbor at sunset- it was nice. I would go back.

Sounds like you definitely got to experience all the best of Camachee Cove! The Camachee Inn is a very quaint, nice spot to stay and we're glad you enjoyed your dinner - seafood, burger and all! Please come see us again! Thank you.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to the area. I found out about the place because it showed up on Google Maps and since it was close to our hotel we decided to give it a shot.

We were seated quickly (I don't think we even had to wait) and our server had our drinks out quickly. We decided to sit outside under their covered area which was a great idea until it started monsooning outside. Once it started raining our server moved us inside very quickly and dinner went on as if nothing happened.

My husband got one of the local beers and we decided to split the appetizer sampler, Captain's Platter, and a slice of key lime pie. Everything was delicious and it all came out very quickly. The table next to us got a fish sandwich and the fish tacos which both looked delicious too.

We will be putting this place on our list of seafood restaurants to visit again.

KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear you enjoyed your food and service at the Kingfish Grill and happy to know that you located us on Google. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to St. Augustine!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Decided to dine here with friends who live in the area that had recommended this restaurant. Upon arriving, it was somewhat confusing finding the place. Should I turn right or left in the parking lot? When confounded, I usually turn right, which happened to be the direction of the restaraurant, fortunately for me, as I would have never heard the end of it from my wife:) As we neared the restaurant, parking became more tight and I had to turn around to a less congested area, about half a block away. A young man, driving a Kingfish Grill cart came by and offered us a ride, which I thought was a nice touch. We declined, stating that we needed the exercise, which we do. When we got to the door, our friends flagged us down and took us to seating on the outdoor patio, overlooking the water. We see each other rarely and this gave us an opportunity to catch up. It was a Friday night and the restaurant was starting to get crowded. Service, however, was punctual and we quickly received our drinks and entrees. I ordered the Horseradish Encrusted Mahi, one of the most expensive dishes on the menu at $25.00. What I received was something the size of a McDonald's Filet O' Fish patty. One of our friends supposedly ordered the same dish, the portion of which was literally twice the size of mine. I did not taste any horseradish, nor did the fish have any crust. Everyone else's dish was twice the portion size of mine. My fish seemed to be seasoned with a little butter on top. Of course I finished the meal in record time, still a little hungry. I don't know if I received the wrong entree, but the server was never to be seen again until the check arrived. Not even to offer refills on the drinks. To add to the evening, there was a gentleman singling to an acousic amplified (overamplified) guitar which made any conversation totally unrecognizable. True, he had a great voice, but being two tables away was just too much to take. Please drop the amplifier! All in all, this was a nice evening with good conversation until the entertainment started. My entree was mediocre, although the others seemed to enjoy their meals. Outdoor seating and views saved this review from being a three star. At least I didn't have to pay this time.

KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your visit to the restaurant and for your feedback. We appreciate the honest review and will make note of the "portion size" of your entree as you mentioned to ensure our consistency. As we will also note the level of music so that everyone may enjoy their dinner conversations as well as the atmosphere. Thanks again and we hope you come back to dine with us soon. Please don't hesitate to ask for assistance from a manager if there's anything we can do to make your dining experience more pleasurable!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a nice night listening to Billy Buchanan and a nice meal with old friends. Although the hostess stand seemed a bit frazzled, we had good service. Once we were seated outside, our server Michael was perfect. I really appreciated that he listened to exactly what was asked for at our table and delivered to a T! (tons of oysters!) So many people just don't listen, thank you Michael - managers - give him a nice thank you. He really took care of us. We stayed late and had a great time.

Very glad to hear you enjoyed the music, your food and the service, by Michael. We will definitely pass along the positive feedback to him. It's very nice of you to take the time to recognize him specifically and we'll make sure he receives the compliments. Thanks again and come back soon! Music is every Wednesday through Sunday evening.