“Great view, fresh fish and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kingfish Grill

Kingfish Grill
Ranked #37 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Island Marina, THE KINGFISH GRILL offers spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone...."Bring the Family"! The HARBORVIEW BANQUET ROOM above Kingfish Grill is a beautiful second story event room with seating from 30 to 125. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, and Social Gatherings, THE HARBORVIEW ROOM is spectacular space. Let us take care of all your needs so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own party.
Seattle, Washington
“Great view, fresh fish and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place was recommended to me by my hotel hostess on my first night in St. Augustine. I ended up eating two meals there. The fish was very fresh, I had the mahi sandwich and it was great. The view of the marina with boats passing by while I ate, was lovely. The live music was somewhat loud but I liked it for the most part. Also, because of the location, it was very accessible to me as I was staying at The Cozy Inn, just over the bridge. The wait staff were friendly as well.

• Visited May 2013
KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Great! Thanks for dining with us and we LOVE The Cozy Inn too! What a great place to stay in St. Augustine. Come back and visit with us anytime and enjoy the "Best Fresh Fish on the Water"

Pensacola, FL
“Great food and even better view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I had dinner around 8pm on a Tuesday night. It had been rainy, but we chose to sit outside and were glad we did. The view of the water was great. We had a half dozen oysters as an appetizer, then followed it up with grilled tuna for her and grilled mahi mahi for me. All of the food was quite tasty and the setting couldn't have been better. My only complaint was that the portions seemed to be a bit small for the price. Perhaps we were just really hungry. I will probably give them another try the next time we are in the area.

Visited July 2013
Glad to here you enjoyed your tuna and mahi mahi here at the Kingfish Grill. Thank you for your kind words and the review and we do hope you can visit us again in the future on your next visit to St. Augustine!
Palm Coast, Florida
“Location, Location, Location AND Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Was there last night with Hubby and another couple. Everyone had the fish and chips, made with Mahi. They all loved it. I had the Ahi seared tuna encrusted in sesame seeds... YUM!
We sat outside and there was live music, but it was done at a nice volume so you could still have dinner conversation.
The only reason that I gave 4 instead of 5 stars, it the service was slow. It wasn't a big deal as we were not in a rush, but they certainly could have been more attentive.

• Visited July 2013
Glad you all enjoyed your Fish & Chips! And thanks for dining with us. We apologize that your service was a bit slow. The 4th of July holiday week was a busy one here in town and we're sorry if your server was less attentive than usual. We do pride ourselves on service here at the Kingfish Grill so we hope that you return soon and experience 100% great food and service.
Thank you!
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Great loacation to watch the boats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Another favorite local restaurant of ours tucked away in Camachee Cove Harbor. Listen to live salsa music outside on a Sunday, a lot of fun. We like sitting at the high top tables in the bar and watching the storms roll in. Great seafood and also Sushi (which is really unexpected).

• Visited June 2013
Thanks, Jeff. It IS a great spot to watch the storms roll through and enjoy a nice beverage!
Glad to hear you stopped by on a Salsa Sunday and enjoyed the music too! Cheers!
Florida
“Could be cleaner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were in the mood for fresh seafood. Noticed this lovely looking restaurant. Unfortunately happy hour doesn't begin till after 4:00 P.M. We waited as all the specials including reduced price appetizers. While waiting for the 4:00 pricing, I used the ladies rest room. The paper towel dispenser was empty, the floors were sticky , and the lighting was dim. I wondered to my self how the servers could wash their hands and serve customers. I requested the paper towels be replenished and waited. the tables were not clean, even after our server swiped them with a wet towel, crumbs remained, she either didn't notice or didn't care.
The bill arrived after dinner, with a charge of an item not ordered by us.
The food was fresh tasting, well prepared. However some what over prices , for the size of the portion. A small grouper sandwich, $13.00. House wine was $6.00, but during the happy hour pricing, only half a glass is served. Please be aware of this fact, when ordering. We noticed the difference as we were there before, and after 4:00 P.M

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sydel5
KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks for your comments and feedback. We apologize you entered the restroom when towels were not filled. Our standard operating procedures include a restroom check and inspection at least once every hour. We hope the staff attended to your needs right away. We do have one of the best happy hours in town every Monday through Friday from 4pm-7pm. We offer Yuengling, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and ShockTop drafts for only $1.50 as well as $2.50 well drinks and $3 Fish Eye house wine, a 6oz pour. We also have drink specials on Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am-4pm - $3 Sangria, $3 Mimosas and $3 Bloody Marys. Thanks again.