“Great food and casual dining”
Review of Kingfish Grill

Kingfish Grill
Ranked #77 of 611 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Island Marina, THE KINGFISH GRILL offers spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone...."Bring the Family"! The HARBORVIEW BANQUET ROOM above Kingfish Grill is a beautiful second story event room with seating from 30 to 125. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, and Social Gatherings, THE HARBORVIEW ROOM is spectacular space. Let us take care of all your needs so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your own party.
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel - the nice Hampton Inn here - had recommended this place -- and even gave us complimentary drink coupons. What a nice find! We were able to get right in without reservations. The place was full; the atmosphere was a bit loud and noisy. My husband had the catch of the day blackened. (flounder) The seasoning was subtle; the fish was fresh and delicious. I had a special: shrimp scampi over cheese tortellini with a light tomato basil sauce. It was a very generous serving and I'm embarrassed to say I ate it all: yummy garlic bread too. I would have licked the bowl clean - it was SO good; nice salads with homemade dressings too. Service was good and fairly quick. We'll make a point of returning when we're back in the area.

1  Thank QTandToots

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ate here twice during a one week vacation. The food was great, the service is exceptional, the view is lovely.

1  Thank AnnPmichigan
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This restaurant is at the yacht club and the view is lovely. Not the only reason to go, the seafood is fresh and delicious.
We started with spicy tuna sushi made to order. the tuna was fresh and the roll was large enough for two. Then came the oysters fresh,succulent and served on a bed of ice chips.
For dinner my husband had the blackened seared ahi. A beautiful piece of fish cooked medium rare. I had the shrimp and grits. Huge shrimp on a grits base that was so thick and creamy you could eat it with a fork.
For dessert we had the creme brulee. Large enough for two to share.
A great experience with good service, good food and great view.

1  Thank traveler22281
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Next to our hotel room and with good trip advisor reviews we decided to avoid downtown holiday traffic and walk over to kingfish grille.

Comfortable seating arrangements and good lighting. We came for dinner so missed the view as it was dark but entered through a path lit with tiki torches. Nice touch.

Our waiter Dave got to us quickly and we ordered drinks-both excellent and my dry dirty martini was generous and perfect. After a couple dozen oysters on the half shell we ordered our meals- my beau had the crab, shrimp and scallops florentine with fresh green beans and pilaf. I thought I'd half to pry him away from it. He thought it was excellent and I had one bite of the rich concoction and agreed!

I ordered a sushi roll that was okay, not great (too much going on) and the arugula salad with shrimp, pears and Gorgonzola which was an extremely generous portion and delicious.

Overall a very nice, comfortable experience with excellent service and the freshest seafood I've had in Florida! We would definitely return when passing through this area again.

Jennifer, have a safe trip and Merry Christmas to the Kingfish staff!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

When we frequent St. Augustine, we head to the Kingfish Grill. The peole are so friendly, timely and make the evening a treat. We never have been disappointed with mahi, swordfish or the salmon. The fish of the day has always been fresh and prepared to our liken. Portions are generous and the price is reasonable for St. Augustine.

1  Thank Donita H