“TERRIBLE”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 4, 2013

That place is the worst restaurant I know. I couldn't eat my salmon, it was very salty. My friends' dinner was terrible too. Sirloin steak is bad. Cucumber salad was "pink" because the rotten tomatoes on it.
Services was horrible as well. We have to ask for some items.
I really don't like to write about my negative experiences, but I have to do it in this case. The worst memories from my St Augustine's getaway.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I lived in this town for 40 years and I have never been here. So we decided to try it out. It was terrible. Service was horrible as well. We had to keep asking over and over again for items, extra napkins, salt and pepper, and side items ordered but not brought out and it was not busy. We ate early so they had not been open very long and we sat outside. The chairs and table had bird dropping on them and they had been there for a while by the looks of them, hence the need for extra napkins. Place just did not look clean at all. Food was not even average, it was just bad. It tasted like everything was cooked in the same old oil. Iced tea was very weak like it was watered down or they did not use enough tea bag when they made it. We were very disappointed and will not be going back.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Just in case you're reading old reviews, yes there is lemon and yes the food is very fresh.
Lovely shrimp and great starters (my wife had the chowder and I had crab cakes (both excellent)). Very attentive service too. We will go back next time we are in Florida.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I had been to the Sea Fare 20 years ago and had fond memories.

We had high hopes! It was exactly as we remembered it. I mean exactly! Same booths, same paint, even the same fixtures. It was both familiar and in another way eerey.

I mean, the silverware, the plates, cups, everything looked as if it were still the same from 20 years ago, ( I mean the exact same ones!)

We asked for water with some lemon. They had "no lemon!" (This must be the only seafood restraunt in America without lemon).

We expected a nice appetizer. What we got was some pie crust chips with some kind of weird melted cheese (proceeded), dip.

My wife got a steak. (She says it was very good!) I on the other hand had the shrimp ( which was overlooked and to be frank, not very good).

The drinks were a bright spot as my wife got a Bahamas blue that would put a mortal man into a coma. I got a rum runner which was a little more tame but had a nice bite.

The waitresses seemed to be very busy, ( unfortunately it didn't seem that providing service to the customers were what they were busy with). Rather, they all seemed to congregate around the owners table and gush over them and their family. (I guess waitress jobs are hard to come by in st. Augustine!

To sum it up, this place is very rundown. Has no ambiance , with mediocre food at best, and at 60.00+ for two people is not up to the prices they charged!

Sorry Sea Fare. We loved the memory of you for years! ( but much like the prom queen you had a crush on when you were in high school has turned out to be a fat hog when you see her at the 25th anniversary school reunion!)

We'll just have to remember how great she used to be. But, sadly, the Sea Fare is past her prime.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Service was not inviting and food was not fresh. Wouldn't plan in going back. The worst part was when we left we had to say good night to the owner as he couldn't be bothered to thank us for going to his place!