“Worth a visit”

Cafe Alcazar
Ranked #12 of 589 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual fine dining in what was once the world's largest swimming pool. Offering international cuisine for lunch daily, and a special Art Walk dinner from 6PM to 9PM on the First Friday Art Walk of each month. Reservations recommended. Private events also available, please contact restaurant for details.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Overall a very good dining experience. Service was a tad bit slow but not so as to ruin the experience.

• Visited June 2013

Dublin, Georgia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The atmosphere was great at the Café Alcazar but the food was very disappointing. The chicken inside my crepes with spinach, ricotta cheese and chicken was cold and seemed as if it had just been thrown in cold with the warm spinach and other fillings. My wife's chips were totally stale and the food was just not that good! The waitress brought a bottle of Saratoga Sparkling Water for me and did not pour it and the glass had ice in it (I don't think most people drink ice with sparkling water - I sure don't). We could have spent much less than $35 for lunch not counting the tip and gotten a much better meal. This place seems very overrated.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lovetheworld53
Clearwater, Florida
“Takes you back in time”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently visited Cafe Alcazar on a weekend trip to St. Augustine. I am really glad I picked this cafe as our lunch spot on such a short trip. The building is beautiful inside and out and has so much history that you can really feel moved into a different time. The piano player accompanying your meal also helps! The food was delicious and portions were big. The view you get of the inside of the building is enough to make the meal memorable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone! Just make sure you go when they are open, not open for dinner time!

• Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Enjoy your lunching in the former indoor swimming pool! The water is gone, with the seating in this lovely environment. Antique shops line the perimeter adding to the experience. The food is a delight. A unique place to visit.

Visited July 2013
Leesburg, FL
“Cozy place for a great lunch.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful lunch at the Cafe Alcazar on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 while touring the Lightner Museum in St. Augustine, Florida. The restaurant is located around the side of the old Alcazar Hotel, which is the current home of the Lightner Museum. The restaurant is actually situated at the deep end of what used to be the hotel's indoor swimming pool. We chose a cozy corner table for two next to a beautiful Tiffany stained glass window. A neatly dressed waitress promptly took my order of an Italian panini sandwich ($15.95) and my wife's order of an open faced red snapper ($16.95), both served with potato salad. The waitress also brought us a carafe of unsweetened ice tea. Both lunch plates were delicious and well prepared, and we enjoyed the live piano music while we admired the two upper floors of the old Alcazar (the floor immediately above us served as the hotel'd ballroom and is currently part of the Lightner Museum). Our check totaled $44.61 with drinks, tax and tip. I would highly recommend combining lunch here with a tour of the Lightner Museum. If you choose to do so, be sure to buy your admission ticket to the Museum first because it will give you a 10% discount at the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013