“Enjoyable Visit”
Review of Dragon Cafe - CLOSED

Dragon Cafe
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Saint Augustine's best Asian cuisine, including traditional Chinese, a touch of Thai and a full Sushi Bar. Beer & Wine.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We found this restaurant by word of mouth and were not disappointed. Food was hot and delicious. I had the Pad Thai Noodle Combination and my husband had the Triple Delight in Szechuan Sauce Combination. Also want to mention that the egg rolls were crisp and hot (and not greasy) The cost of dinner size servings with drinks was $24.00 for the two of us. We were the only ones in the restaurant (it was close to 2:00) The restaurant is clean and the service is very friendly. We will go back again and will also recommend to others who are looking for good Asian type food. FYI - new owners tooks over in March 2012.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

food too spicy and tepid. Crab rangoon=too chewy and no crab

Tony S, Owner at Dragon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

In March 2012, We purchased and closed the Dragon for Remodeling. Mid April, the Dragon returned with a new look, refined menus and an attitude for excellence. We invite you to experience our delicious Asian creations and what some people are saying, "the best sushi in town". Thank you for your business. Sincerely, Penny & Tony

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I took my son here on a special day out, he chose the place on his own when passing by. He ordered Sesame Chicken and I the Lemon grass chicken. Mine came with Miso soup. The soup was so dark and almost burnt looking, had a foul and drim taste to it. The lemon grass chicken had no actual lemongrass in it and tasted like artificial flavours had been used. As I sit there, refusing to eat my food, I watch as my son bites into a piece of his chicken.. I could tell something was off.. so I cut the pieces open and the meat appeared to have the same colouring/ texture as cooked pork fat, this indicates that it is either not chicken or not cooked. I sent his back and asked for COOKED chicken. 2 mins later, they bring out more of the same and some VERY RAW chicken in the center. I, again, sent his meal back. The cook came out to argue with me! Yelling at me that chicken is supposed to have a pink center and the waitress put her finger in his food and argued that it was hot and that should be enough! Now, having owned several restaurants and having a culinary degree certainly does not make me an expert.. but I do know that much! We will not be going back and wise tourists, locals wouldnt bother either.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We could have gotten a better chinese meal from the frozen food section at Publix. Very disappointing! Now we know why we were the only people there. Would not recommend! Would not go back! We would rather eat ramen noodles.

2  Thank GoBucks45342
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We drive down from Jacksonville often just for their hot and sour soup. Food has always been good and the service is excellent. It's definitely a no frills kind of place, but that works perfectly for our family.

1  Thank adisneymomofthree