“Good food, not the best service”
Review of La Herencia Cafe

La Herencia Cafe
Ranked #109 of 602 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Cuban American Cuisine,family restaurant,outside sitting, pet friendly,located on Aviles Street,oldest street in the nation.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very small place on a back street in St. Augustine. The food is excellent, that's for sure, what's not so excellent is listening to the staff bicker amongst each other. My husband and I went for dinner and decided to have an appetizer first then order dinner... Our server went and put in the order then proceeded to get yelled at because of the way she put the order in. We heard everything considering it is such a small place. All this being said you should try it out... The food really is worth it. Just ignore the kitchen area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We love all the little shops along Aviles. This is one of our favorites. We go back often, even multiple times, on the visits that we are able to make to The Ancient City.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

.. and a lovely owner, lovely service.. had an omelett and georgous coffee. there is wifi, just ask. coming back here for sure!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love empanadas. They remind me of Latin cuisine. The dough and crust were great, not too much crust. I liked the second one that was milder and had a great potato inside.

The drinks are an added plus. The lemonade is homemade, and slightly tart. Then the Cuban coffee is a little stronger than some. Still, they were great beverages.

I will say that you might need to be prepared to wait. There are many diners, and few servers. Fortunately, you can eat outside as well. You may want to leave some time for the food. ¡Buen provecho! Enjoy!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I have been to St Augustine several time and we always make a trip the La Herencia Cafe. The service is great, the people are very nice and the food is amazing. They have the best Cuban sandwiches, the black beans and rice are great and I love their fried plantains. The prices are great also you get a lot of food for a very reasonable price.