“Great atmosphere, great food”
Review of A1A Ale Works

A1A Ale Works
Reserve with OpenTable
A1A Ale Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 605 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We saw reviews for this place before going to St. Augustine and then once we got there it was recommended to us by a few locals so we thought we would try it. Their out door upstairs patio that wraps around the building is beautiful wrought iron and allows you to have a great view of the bay. My husband had one of the microbeers and really liked it it was an IPA I think.
I had the beer cheese soup and it was heavenly. They brought out fresh bread which our kids gobbled up. Over all we really enjoyed the place. The food was good as was the service. We were too stuffed to try their signature bead pudding but will return on our next trip to At. Augustine for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,063)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although the hostess is not too pleasant, our server, Valerie was very attentive. My son had the Ragtime shrimp, my husband the Mahi, Mahi sandwich, and I had the wings & blue cheese chips. All were excellent; so were the beers. If you fill out the survey on your receipt you get a code for a free appetizer so we did that and returned during happy hour a couple of days later while vacationing on Anastasia Island.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant and urged me to try the beer cheese soup. That was the only good thing about the whole visit. Once we were seated, we waited at least 10 minutes for someone to take our drink order. This set the tone for the rest of the evening. It was almost as if it was a pain for them to wait on us. We finally got drinks and the waiter said he would be back to take our order. That was another 10 minutes. We did get our food in a reasonable time but unfortunately it was almost cold. I had the pecan crusted salmon - it was ok for being cold.......My friend had a chicken dish which was very bland and the chicken was tough. When we were done eating what we could (which wasn't much) our waiter was no where to be found. After about 15 minutes, I flagged down a manager and asked him to get our bill. Another 5 minutes later the waiter came back and asked if we wanted boxes. I resisted the urge to say I wouldn't even think about feeding that to my dog. I paid the bill and left. The place was so noisy and busy that you couldn't even have a decent conversation with other people at your table. The staff all rushed around, no one said thank you or good night as we left. I felt sorry for the people still waiting for a table.

Miranda D, Guest Relations Manager at A1A Ale Works, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at A1A wasn't great. I will be sure to pass this information along to our Management team. If you would like to be contacted about your experience, please email your contact information to gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and someone will be in touch. Thank you for your business and feedback; both are greatly appreciated!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant to go to in St Augustine. This year we had our 8 year old Grandson with us and he really enjoyed the uniqueness of this wonderful place. I of course had the Grouper with Crab Meat & Oscar had the Fisherman's Platter & Zach had the Shrimp & Grits.
We were definitely not hungry when we left because the servings are so bountiful.
A real must go to place. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have never been disappointed at this restaurant. The servers are nice and professional at the same time. It is fun to sit outside on the veranda. The bar can be quite lively and you can test a number of brews.