“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A1A Ale Works

A1A Ale Works
Reserve with OpenTable
A1A Ale Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a very busy place but the food and service were first class, would thoroughly recommend, and for the beer lovers a good choice of beers on tap.

Visited April 2013

Murrells Inlet, SC
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our first experience with A1A and we will return. The paella was wonderful, as was the angel hair salsa cruda and the bread pudding. Very popular eatery- on the noisy side, but excellent service.

Visited March 2013
Central Florida, Florida
“Prime location with a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We consistently enjoy great service from a friendly staff and delicious food so make it a point to stop here during every visit to Saint Augustine. The food and beverage menus offer a wide variety of choices and substitutions are never a problem. Be prepared for a worthwhile wait I a party atmosphere during peak dining hours and peak season. If you are willing to wait even longer, the balcony tables off for 1 of the best views of Saint Augustine and the intercoastal near the Bridge of Lions.

Maryland
“Good beer and atmosphere...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband stopped in to grab a pint. We enjoyed out beers that were brewed onsite. We just had nachos which were good. Seemed to have some good looking items on the menu. Atmosphere was fine.

• Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Food ok but disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were at A!A Ale Works on March 31, 2013. We had never been there before and sat at the bar on the main level. The male bartenders were distracted, gave poor service and we had to wave at them just to try and get service even though it was not busy. When we wanted to order food, I was told the one item I asked about was not available and then the bartender walked away. We waited 15 minutes and finally I got his attention again about ordering food even though we were ready to place our order when he walked away 15 minutes earlier. Our meal was decent and then after our dinner I went up stairs to use the washroom. I was shocked what a beautiful view we missed by sitting down stairs and we had such poor service downstairs. I went to the ladies washroom and found that both toilet paper rolls were empty in my cubicle. I spoke to the three girls working (talking) at reservations and told them of the issue in the ladies washroom. One said flippantly to me, "we will get right on it". I then went over by the upstairs bar to enjoy the beautiful view. No one made any effort to get someone to replace anything in the washroom in the five minutes I stood there. I think it is a lovely location but there is obviously a staff problem. Who ever is managing this restaurant needs to ensure he has staff that do their jobs. I have never complained of any restaurant before but there are either staff problems or management problems at this establishment. We will not return.

• Visited March 2013