“Eat and Feed the birds.”
Review of Santa Maria Restaurant - CLOSED

Santa Maria Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Shared a great meal with my son & Daughter-in-law New Years Eve, 2012. Great service, great food, great drinks. Seated and served immediately (they were going to be closing) we enjoyed delicious meals. My Menorcan Clam Chowder was terrific, the "Buffalo" and coconut Shrimp outstanding. The wahoo was fabulous too. We took Key Lime Pie home - it was just too much. Very good the next morning too.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We wanted a light lunch and saw this place on the water. We both had blackened shrimp tacos which were pretty good. The prices seemed fair and the view was very good. The restaurant is literally out on the water and you walk out on a pier to get to it. I'm not sure about feeding the pidgeons through the small trap doors near all of the tables facing the windows however. The place could be a bit cleaner also.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Food was great~Big juicy fried oysters~wonderful soup~huge Bloody Mary~Cute Atmosphere where they give you bread to feed the birds & fish through a trap door at each table but..... The waiter looked like a homeless guy, but nice. The silverware is the cheapest silverware you can buy, & was full of scum that won't come off. The waiter brought my Husband 3 spoons & said "this is the best I can do" the 3rd spoon was also gross looking. If you read below another customer also mentioned the disgusting silverware. The entire restaurant was filthy looking. They don't dust the hundreds of decorations & old lamps hanging over your table & food. The bathrooms were horrible. There was an old plunger by the toilet with black mold on it. This plunger was so old that the bottom had rotted off. We were seated in front of the touch screen register where there was broom & dust pan that I had to look at the entire time & an old key board. Since St. Augustine is a tourist town, I guess they are making plenty of $$ & don't care if the place is filthy or about repeat business from locals. There is no place to park except on the street, so we had to pay $10 to park & walk 5 blocks, or we probably would have left just due to how revoltingly dirty this place was. I shiver to think what goes on in the kitchen if the front of the house looked like this. Looks like no one cares. There was no owner or manger to be seen.

3  Thank Charlotte O
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The kids like to feed the fish/birds from the windows. My husband and I enjoyed having a drink in the bar.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

First time in Saint Augustin FL and I was look for nice sea food. We saw this restaurant on the water and thought they will have sea food. We get in and this place looks dirty and damp smell. We decided to give a chance and ordered our lunch. That was a very very bad idea. The appetizer came still frozen and horrible test. I felt sick and wanted to pay and leave. Please don't even try this place you may get sick! We had our lunch at the Urban Cafe was great.

4  Thank Terry G