“Nice Meal”
Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Check out the veal -- it is outstanding both in quality and preparation.

1  Thank kentuckyhillbilly
There are newer reviews for Collage Restaurant

Reviewed August 26, 2009

When this was "La Parisienne" it was the best restaurant in St. Augustine, but since it became the Collage it has gone downhill. I went here for the Valentine's Day special as I used to do at "La Parisienne", but was very disappointed with the menu selections and the quality of the food. The prices were about the same as the old place, but the food really lacked the subtilty of the past. My husband and I decided to go elsewhere for romantic evenings in the future.

2  Thank DrLeeB
collageowner, Owner at Collage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

Thank you for your comments but pardon me if I don’t get it. You say that Collage has gone downhill from the previous restaurant, La Parisienne. I’m not sure which La Parisienne you’re talking about. When we bought the restaurant in September of 2006 one could find Trip Advisor reviews for La Parisienne on page five of St Augustine restaurants with some of the worst reviews I’ve ever read. Now Collage has received quite a few great reviews and is, for now at least, on page one. In 2006 La Parisienne was voted the second-best French restaurant in St. Augustine (good thing there were only two). In 2009 Collage was voted the best “Upscale Dining” and our Chef, Melody Stewart, was voted “Best Chef” for the second year in a row. Also we were voted runner-up for “Best Overall Restaurant” “Best Servers” and “Best Wine List”, all of this in the 2009 St. Augustine Record’s readers’ poll. Several significant publications have also reviewed us very favorably.

I’m sorry you were disappointed with the menu selections. Since you wrote this review six and a half months after the fact I had to check the archives to see what we served that night. I still think it was a pretty good menu and I remember being excited about some of the new things we tried. We do limit our menu some on Valentine’s Day because of the increased volume. We normally have twenty-plus entrée selections on our regular menu. On Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve we offer twelve to fourteen. Most of them are from our regular menu but we throw in a few fun new things that we’ve wanted to try. Still our limited special menu was almost twice the size of the regular menu from La Parisienne and Collage’s regular menu offers three times the choices of its predecessor.

Reviewed August 24, 2009

If you want to have the most relaxed, special evening - this is the place. We went went a friend who has relocated from Northern Virginia to the area and found this to be one of the most welcoming restaurants around. The food is super and I would encourage you to try anything on the menu that even remotely sounds good to you. The staff is very friendly, but not so much that they interfer with you and your guests. And when you are done you can walk around the historic neighborhood to burn off some of the best calories you've ever consumed. The interior is just right for all kinds of meals (intimate, friendly, family) and is wonderfully styled.

3  Thank EJJCP
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My family and I have eaten some good food in this town but Collge is by far the best. The roasted garlic bulb is my favorite with that amazing bread. I tried the duck on my last visit and boy was I suprised!!! I could'nt even begin to tell you about the flavors and how well the duck was cooked. I ordered it medium rare and it came medium rare . My mother had the steak with bearnaise sauce and she loved it. We shared the signture coconut icecream witch was to de for . Always consistant and Always good! Definetly the best in town.

3  Thank MamamiaStaugustine
Reviewed August 21, 2009

From the the moment we walked in the door , to the moment we left Everything was perfect. I started with the scallops pan seared with terrigon sauce my boyfriend had the duck spring roll. I practically licked my plate clean! Then we decided to skip the salad and go straight for dinner. I had the Chicken Cordon with Warm peppery mashed potatoes and Grilled asparagus, WOW It was one of the best Chicken dishes I have ever had. My boyfriend had the Lobster Ravioli with pesto Cream sauce. He ws in HEAVEN , we didnt say a word to eachother untill we wer half way through finishing our meals because they were so Wonderful!! I highly recommend this Restaurant to anyone who doesnt mind paying for QUALITY food and Exellent service. love te fact that the bathroom was Clean as well. Collage has it all and we will be returning and telling everyone we know!!

4  Thank Foodiegirl22