“Collage - A Great Recommendation”
Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Collage was recommended by our innkeeper and we were very happy to get the tip.

My boyfriend and I shared everything - a bottle of wine, an appetizer, on entree and dessert. Our server was attentive and we were greeted upon arrival and thanked upon leaving by the owner's mother.

The food was wonderful. We started with the night's appetizer special - gnocchi in a basil cream sauce accompanied by prosciutto. The salt of the prosciutto paired well with the creaminess of the gnocchi.

Lobster ravioli topped with a lobster tail was our next course. We decided to split the plate, so we each had our own portion (fighting over the lobster tail may have killed the romantic ambience).

Dessert was the Bougainvillea - strawberries sauteed with butter and black pepper served with homemade vanilla ice cream in a crispy phyllo dough cup. I thoroughly enjoyed the sweetness of the strawberries with the kick of the pepper and the creaminess of the ice cream.

Collage is a perfect place for a celebration or a date night. It is pricey for the right reasons - great food, service, wine selection and setting. A shared three course dinner with a bottle of wine came to $120 with tip. We left full, happy and with a restaurant that will be on our return list for future St. Augustine trips.

4  Thank lauriegannon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed July 20, 2009

My wife and I ate here for our anniversary dinner and were so happy that we did. From start to finish, our experience was wonderful. We live in Orlando and are already talking about taking a day trip so we can go back. I would recommend saving this for your last night, because you will not be able to top it for the rest of your trip.

1  Thank OrlandoTiger
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Absolutely wonderful food from the wine and appetizers, to the main course, dessert, and delicious coffee. Service is superb. Ambiance, lighting, decor, very lovely European atmosphere. Cozy and romantic. Right in historic old town area of St. Augustine. Has a "locals" feel, not at all a tourist trap. The escargot is served on a puff pastry, one of the best appetizers I have ever had. Be sure and ask the wait staff for recommendations, they know what is most local, fresh, and homemade in the restaurant! Could not have been happier with the service. My guess is that this place caters to people wanting a nice, civilized, relaxing meal...not to loud, rowdy, crowds or people with a "rude tourist" attitude! ;-)

1  Thank REvansNportAL
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I ate at Collage to celebrate our one year anniversary. The service was amazing. We never had to ask for anything, our servers seemed intuitive to what we wanted. The owner checked on us a few times, and even told my husband how to make roasted garlic in the way that it was served to us there. I ordered lamb chops and they were perfect, and my husband ordered the duck. We both loved our meals. It was the perfect place for us to celebrate our first year of marriage, and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank linzy383
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Reservations are a must. This beautiful little house on Hypolita St. is a feast for all of the senses. I had the parmesan, pecan, and brown sugar crusted grouper and it was the best grouper I've ever had. A little pricey, but well worth it. An imaginative menu, wonderful service, and beautiful ambience made this one of my most memorable dining experiences. I can certainly see why this restaurant is rated so highly. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank PenLu