“Great food”
Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 610 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had dinner to celebrate our anniversary. I had a wonderful steak that was cooked very well and the garlic mashed potato was excellent. We had butter rum cake for dessert that was to die for! Yummy! Service was very good and it started our trip to St Augustine on a good note.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,933)

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Read great reviews and had to try it. The food was delicious, fabulous, amazing! I would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were in the middle of a road trip and this was our favorite meal of the entire trip. We had a great waiter and the food was amazing. I loved the interior, it was warm, cozy and charming. It made a rather bad day a good one for us. It didn't seem like it belonged in such a touristy zone, but weren't we lucky that is was!

2  Thank Shirley C
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants especially for special occasions. It was my mom's 91st birthday and I wanted to do something special. We had been there the year before on her birthday and it was truly special. This year the service was horrible. There was only one table taken when we got there but within a half hour it was filled. We got the soup and sorbet quickly and then it took over 45 minutes to get our main course while almost every other table that came in after us was served. No sign of our waiter and no explanation. My mom's lobster ravioli was very good but my grilled seafood platter was very small compared to what I got last year. They are cutting down on the size of the portions. We found out later that the original chef left. The food is good but not great and pricey, My family lives on Anastasia Island and I go down frequently. There are so many good restaurants that we will most likely not return here,

1  Thank Patty21_12
collageowner, Owner at Collage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

I'm sorry for your service issues and we will do our best to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. I would like address a couple of comments you made in the review which are inaccurate and misleading. First of all, our Chef has been with us two years and as one can see from the vast majority of reviews he and his staff are doing a great job. Secondly, in spite of the fact that costs for prime ingredients like meat and fresh seafood have skyrocketed (if you go to the supermarket you are well aware of this) Collage has not raised prices or changed portion sizes and has never compromised the quality of the ingredients.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Very glad our hotel told us to make reservations. Our server was quick & knowledgeable. She was 100% right about how delicious the pepper & carrot bisque was. The mixed grill with fresh lobster & fish was simply prepared and the flavor remarkable. The decor, ambiance, food, service, outstanding!