“Superb Dining”
Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had the scallops w/popcorn purée and the fresh seafood entree and they were both outstanding. If you are looking for the best restaurant in St. Augustine, you found it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food was creative and appealing. The cozy romantic restaurant is very creative and I found that Collage is at the top of my list when I dine in St. Augustine. Great place....servers could have been a little more involved and friendly which is the only issue that I saw. Beautiful dinner!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overall, this was a good restaurant. I really enjoyed my popcorn(!) and almond scallops entree, the conch carpaccio appetizer, and the carrot/fennel soup. My husband's lamb entree, which was one of the night's specials, was rather bland unfortunately. Because of that inconsistency, I'd ideally give them 3.5 stars, but I'll round up.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I absolutely loved the beef tenderloin. It was so tender and tasteful. The restaurant is small in size, but doesn't feel cramped at all. The service is awesome as well. Definitely wouldn't take small children due to atmosphere as well as menu.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had one night in St Augustine, and I called a few days before for a reservation after reading the great reviews. They were booked, but I asked them to put me on the cancellation list. EW couldn't make the 630 cancellation due to short notice, but they had another one at 8, and they were able to squeeze us in. We had to wait about 20 minutes, but only because we asked for another table due to a very jovial, loud (read: drunk) group in the front dining room celebrating a birthday.

We were seated in the center table of the "main" dining room, which only has about 8 tables. The service was straight-forward without being too attentive, absolutely no complaints. I had strawberry salad to start- light and fresh, followed the coconut crusted red snapper on basmati rice with grilled julienned veggies. It was perfectly cooked, and the portion was right-sized. I could have eaten two, but then I would have been way too full. My partner opened with the goat cheese mousse (two thumbs up) and the shrimp and scallop pasta dish in a porcini mushroom crème sauce. He reported that it was not too heavy, well-balanced, and the seafood was not overcooked, which is always a concern with shellfish.

Nice setting, the staff went out of their way to fit us in, convivial atmosphere. Highly recommended.