“First Rate”
Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 593 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Los Angeles, California
“First Rate”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Kudos to Trip Advisor for putting Collage on our radar. It's a cozy and charming little place that fills two rooms of what may have been a house once upon a time.

First, the small army of young female servers did an excellent job of providing fast, efficient service from the moment we were seated until we finished mainlining our desserts.

Our ten-year-old son, my wife and I inhaled the datil pepper and carrot bisque, the tenderloin bruschetta, the house smoked salmon, the warm goat cheese and arugula salad, Veal Orleans, beef tenderloin with the Cabernet demi-glace, the frozen chocolate cake and the bougainvillea dessert.

Though some may find the bisque to be a bit too spicy to get to the bottom of the bowl, the flavor they were able to coax out of it was nothing short of remarkable. The salmon was surprisingly thick and juicy with a lemon sauce. It was heavenly. The cheese on the salad was disarmingly sweet and creamy. It was almost like eating dessert. Loved it. My son ate every bite of his steak and refused to share, so I can only surmise that it, too, was very good. The veal Orleans was the best thing I've eaten for some time, and we've been eating in some very good restaurants lately. It was incredibly tender and flavorful. Both desserts were wonderful, as well. I had to stop my barbarian of a child from licking the plate after he finished the chocolate thing, and the bougainvillea was unlike anything we've ever encountered. Vanilla ice cream with strawberries sauteed in butter and black pepper in a pastry that tasted like baklava. Very fine.

Get a reservation. Go. You'll be happy.

Dimondale, Michigan
“Marvelous dining”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Collage! The restauant is an old and charming building -- not big, but nice inside with a cozy and intimate feel. We were there on a Monday night and did have reservations -- the place was not completely packed, but busy. So it is probably a good idea to have a reservation, even on a weekday. Our waiter recommended the lobster ravioli, and I was extremely pleased with this choice. The lobster was very tender and sweet -- I find that after having tasted really good lobster in the past, you measure all lobster against that, and most disappoint -- this one did not! My husband ordered something that I think is called "Duo De Manza", but I don't see it on the sample menu on the website, so I don't know if my spelling is correct. This is a beef meal, and it was excellent, as well. This is definitely a good restaurant to put on your schedule if you want to find some fine dining in St. Augustine.

Visited July 2013
Bluffton
“intimate restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely, romantic meal here. The lobster ravioli was the highlight. It was actually homemade, filled with chunks of lobster, not shredded like some commercial raviolis. Also, the pesto cream sauce was so good, I have been trying to recreate it at home. My filet was unfortunately overcooked and not the greatest cut, but the quality of the fois gras almost made up for it. The wine list is somewhat limited. Dessert was (again) homemade and excellent. Service was attentive and friendly.

fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A refreshing choice”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A charming restaurant in downtown St. Augustine. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, and the ambiance was lovely. The restaurant is small and the noise level was such that you could hear your conversation. We were with another couple, we were each celebrating an anniversary, without any advance notice, they brought us two desserts and the four of us were quite pleased.

“Must try”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great restaurant. I had lobster ravioli. The best I ever had. My wife had a mixed seafood plate. So so good. Service efficient and friendly.

• Visited June 2013