“Solid Sport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Solid Sport”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food was really good and the service was excellent. It's a nice spot in historic downtown that's cozy. I went with the mixed seafood platter which was great and my date got a steak that was really good.

• Visited July 2013

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Dinner for two”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I dined at Collage during our weekend getaway to St. Augustine. Dedicated parking is non-existent, so plan an extra 10-15 minutes to find a parking spot in the area. We started with a bottle of Riesling and the escargot appetizer. The escargot was great! For dinner my husband ordered the catch of the day, which he enjoyed. I ordered the Mixed Grill (with the half lobster tail), and I loved it! With the wine, appetizer, two entrees, and dessert our bill with tip was $136. Not bad considering how much delicious food we ate. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Tampa
“Very pleased!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was incredible. For this, we will return. The service was good. The only thing that kept me from rating Collage a five was the dining area. It was very tight. I could easily hear the conversations of most tables, and knew they could easily hear ours. The decor was nice. Some customers were dressed very nice, while others were in shorts and flip-flops, but I honestly didn't mind the mixed attire. This restaurant is located where most tourists frequent.

1 Thank SumerToogood
“We loved it”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We had read earlier reviews so we had high expectations. They were exceeded. The service was very attentive but nicely understated. The ambience was eclectic and cozy; Unassuming for a place with such a lofty reputation. The appetizers and salads were solid; very fresh and made from locally grown ingredients. The entree special, broiled scallops served with root vegetables in a delicious but light sauce, was spectacular. I recommend Collage to anyone that appreciates fine food in an unpretentious environment.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dave G
SC
“Good Food, Nothing More”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not upscale or fine dining level. It serves very good dishes, in an area without much competition.
Service just adequate, ambience OK (it is located in a touristy area)… Listed dress code is Casual Business, people (tourists) still ALLOWED with there jeans, shorts, and flip flops…..
Romantic!!! I am not sure; tables are very close to each other. The place is relatively small; two dinning areas…. White table cloth and dimmed light do not qualify this place as fine dining and romantic.

Food: The Seafood Ceviche’ was not prepared properly; the scallop was not marinated for enough time, so it tasted raw…. It was not a sashimi grade, so that was a big minus. The Escargot on the other hand was delicious.
Cooked seafood entrées were all good; cooked in perfection… “Black Grouper” and “Shrimp and Scallop Imperiale” are good options to try.

Wine: nice selection (fairly priced)

So, next time I am in the area, I will stop by this place to have a decent meal, but I will lower my expectations.

I recommend it for my fellow travelers.

2 Thank TOURtheWORLDMexPal