“Outstanding!”
Review of Costa Brava

Costa Brava
Reserve with OpenTable
Costa Brava is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King
Description: Enter Costa Brava through hand painted gold leaf Moroccan arches into the elegance and allure of Costa Brava Restaurant. Polish casual dining with a southern Bohemian influence. Focusing on fresh local seafood and eccentric tapas.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went here based on other reviews. We were very pleased with the meal. Service was excellent and food was memorable. Btw, key lime pie was possibly best I've ever had.

1  Thank tutorman
There are newer reviews for Costa Brava

Reviewed November 9, 2013

$30 Sunday brunch for a party of six was fantastic. Standard breakfast foods and made-to-order Belgian waffles were present, but the highlights were the sweet potato bisque, baked fish with lobster sauce, herb rice with dried cranberries, salmon and capers on cucumber, and an extensive dessert table. Others at my table enjoyed oysters on the half shell, roasted pork, and beef from a carving station. The cost of the meal included a glass of mimosa or champagne.

My only disappointment is that I was told by the staff member who took my reservation that there would be crab legs. I had invited my fellow diners to join me, partly based on this fact. I was slightly embarrassed to have invited them to a $30 meal based on an empty promise. Fortunately the rest of the meal made up for this mistake on the part of the employee.

Other perks: Live music was lovely.

Hint: Check out Restaurant.com to see if they have any coupons available. I paid $10 for a $25 coupon, saving $15 on the total bill.

2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recommended by a nearby hotel concierge, the atmosphere and meal were truly memorable. 95 Cordova is in the Casa Monica Hotel, a true landmark in St. Aug. The setting was comforting and sophisticated; the wait staff was appropriately attentive and fully informed on all items on the menu. We went for the Filet Mignon and glad we did. In a word: outstanding. True old world Spanish architecture, art, and feel make this a must stop.

1  Thank USA52GO
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I came to St. Augustine for the week of my 30th birthday. We stay at the Casa Monica, so 95 Cordova was a great choice for an easy "night in", but still high class dinner.

We enjoyed everything from the service to the food and wine. The entire wait staff was on top of their duties and we had an excellent dining experience with nothing to complain about. The waiter was quick to take care of us, but was also distant enough when we were enjoying time together.

ORDER THE CRAB CAKE!!!! This lump crab cake is made without breadcrumbs, which we loved- but on top if that it is the most flavorful and delicious I've ever had. We'll be ordering them to our room the rest of the trip. The scallop appetizer was also delicious.

Since they are a chop house and we are steak enthusiasts, my fiancé ordered a filet with the cab demi and truffle and cheese fries while I ordered the ribeye with a baked potato. Each of our steaks were cooked perfectly medium rare... and both met our unusually high steakhouse expectations.

I recommend 95 Cordova if you are looking for a comfortable and impressive dining experience.

1  Thank Molly R
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We read previous reviews and selected 95 Cordova for my birthday dinner. The food was delicious, but the service disappointed. Our soup course - lobster and clam bisque - was completely forgotten and no one seemed to know why or how. To their credit they offered to buy us dessert, but we declined since the main course filled us so well. They were not busy, with only six or seven other couples in the entire restaurant. We had to ask about our soup when they delivered our entree. Definitely communication problems. The bar area, however, which could be clearly heard from the intimate surroundings of the dining area, sounded as if everyone in there was having a blast! Perhaps we should have dined in the bar!

1  Thank Amy W