“Very good food and service with an old world ambiance”
Review of Costa Brava

Costa Brava
Reserve with OpenTable
Costa Brava is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 605 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King
Description: Enter Costa Brava through hand painted gold leaf Moroccan arches into the elegance and allure of Costa Brava Restaurant. Polish casual dining with a southern Bohemian influence. Focusing on fresh local seafood and eccentric tapas.
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at 95 Cordova over an extremely busy weekend in St Augustine. Most restaurants were jam packed as was this one. The difference was they accommodated us graciously unlike the rude turn downs at some other spots.

The restaurant is located in the Casa Monaco hotel which is in the heart of the downtown area. We were seated promptly and our waiter arrived immediately to take our orders and help with the menu. We shared the fried green tomatoes to start and they were delicious. The tomatoes were firm with a crisp batter and topped off with chopped red tomatoes, warm Gorgonzola and a drizzle of lemon-oil-cilantro dressing.

My wife's grilled sea bass was perfectly done, ample in size and presented on a mound of mashed potatoes accompanied by asparagus. I had the lobster tail with crabmeat risotto which were delicious though the lobster was slightly tougher than I prefer. All in all it was an enjoyable meal with a feel of being served in Old World surroundings.

Allen L, Manager at Costa Brava, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review. We at 95 Cordova pride ourselves on offering the best experience possible here in St. Augustine no matter how busy it may become. You were keen to order the items you mentioned as they are among our most popular and well received. The Sea Bass we present is the best available and we have great experience preparing it.
We will have a new menu in Spring as well as an update planned for the fall as well.
We do appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

They close too early most nights, unless you get room service which is much pricier. Great food, small portions. Nice bar, lots of walk ins off the the street though, especially the bathrooms in the lobby.

Allen L, Manager at Costa Brava, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We will review our closing hours for the restaurant however we do serve food in the lounge until 11:00pm each evening and we are always happy to serve later on request. We are fortunate to have a wonderful facility and a great staff.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been here many times, a loyal customer 4-5 times per year when u visit Saint Augustine. This time however I was disappointed. In the bar the cheeseburger was charred! The waitress was less than knowledgable and dessert took forever. Not to mention I was informed that Creme brûlée is no longer on the menu, permanently. This is a shame because I have now skipped dessert entirely. When I think of a high class restaurant it goes hand in hand with Creme brûlée!

Allen L, Manager at Costa Brava, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We will work with our lounge staff to improve their knowledge as well as to empower them to prevent service of substandar products. We are sorry that you were disappointed that Creme Brulee is not available any longer. With your comments we will reconsider the item. It has been very successful in the past so look (and ask) for it in the future and you may be pleasantly surprised to see its return.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was the perfect choice for Christmas dinner. Everything you can imagine is served buffet style . Musicians played Christams tunes in the buffet area. The food was excellent. I think we ate enough we don't have to eat again until next Christmas

Allen L, Manager at Costa Brava, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

We appreciat your kind review and that you chose 95 Cordova to share your holiday with us. Our entertainers for that day, James and Sylvia Kalal, are an amazing asset to our restaurant as they are featured on Sunday Brunches as well as in our lounge several times a month. Please feel free to call us and we will let you know when they again appear here at 95 Cordova.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've been here a number of times over the years, and it remains a favorite upscale dining location. This time we were there on Christmas Day. It was lively, the buffet was colossal, there was live music for a while, and a free glass of Champagne or Mimosa was included. 95 Cordova has never been cheap: $59 on Christmas wasn't unreasonable for the occasion, quality, and quantity however. I was careful to not overindulge early. Planning is essential with a colossal buffet, so I surveyed all my choices before eating anything. My 3 plates produced two favorites (and everything else was at least pretty good): the creme caramel was about the best I've ever tasted; and the Italian meats and cheeses were top-flight. It's a treat every time I visit 95 Cordova.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about 95 cordova and our Christmas buffet. We love the holidays and the opportunity it presents to show case our restaurant here in St. Augustine. We are very glad that you were able to appreciate the many different offerings on our buffet as we spend a great deal of time developing the items as well as their presentation.
Happy Holidays and we hope to see you again soon.