“Big Breakfast!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Athena Restaurant

Athena Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 571 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Florida
“Big Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Downtown, historic district and near hotels. Generous servings at breakfast including, in my case, a big fluffy omelet, grits and a biscuit plus rich Columbia coffee for under $10.

Pleasant atmosphere, good service.

Visited October 2013

ft.lauderdale, fla.
“greek salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on a few occasions - I will say the greek salad is great - I always have the chicken lemon soup- this time it seemed to have very little chicken - waiter handles all the tables in a pretty fair manner - small but intimate -

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sunrise43
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Utter disappointment ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were on vacation in Saint Augustine and on our last night in town wanted Greek food for dinner. We had spotted Athena earlier in the day and though we would give it a try. That turned out to be a mistake.

The man who sat us at our table seemed to have little interest in being friendly, just kind of a bump on a log. The menu I was given had crusty food particles stuck to it and it looked like it had never been wiped down between customers.

It took our waitress 5 minutes to take our drink order, which seemed odd considering the restaurant was empty. The waitress reeked of cigarette smoke, so I assume that was why it took her so long.

My wife and I both ordered gyros, hers a traditional gyro and mine was chicken. Both gyros were filled with tough, bland meat and were COVERED in tzatziki sauce and lettuce. We both ate a few bites and sent it back. We have never had to do that and frankly I was uncomfortable doing so, but it had to be done.

They took 50% off the bill, but that wasn't enough, we were still hungry. Just a bad experience for us. Ended up having Pizza.

1 Thank Thegreengrocer1
Charlotte, North Carolina
“First experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Ed with City Walk tours took us to here as part of a food tour. First time eating fried goat cheese that was set on fire and lamb & beef gyro. Food, atmosphere, and service was great.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Great Greek Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Athena Restaurant on King Street, St. Augustine, as terrific food, great service! Their Greek plates are awesome.

Visited March 2013