“Food good. Portion small”
Review of Athena Restaurant

Athena Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Food was good however when you think of Greek shops you think of large portions of food for your money. Our family went for dinner one night during Christmas week and were surprised at how small the entrees are at this place . Even the desserts were very small for the money. Entrees at $15 plus should at least fill the plate. Guess I will stick with my local Greek rest . This was a disappointing experience. Other places in st Augustine are a better choice for the money.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had breakfast at the Athena restaurant this morning and it was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is a small, casual place. The service was good, but the food was VERY good. The portions were large and everything was fresh and had that home-cooked taste. The prices were reasonable.
We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Athena's is my family's go-to- Greek restaurant in the historic area of St. Augustine. They serve rather large portions, and I love their gyros and Greek potatoes! They have many other authentic Greek dishes that my husband loves. As a side note: It's easier to find parking for this restaurant than a lot of others in this area. That's an added plus. Admittedly, they don't ever seem to be concerned with how long you wait for your food, so if you are starving go elsewhere. Otherwise, the food is worth the wait and it doesn't hurt to relax and have a nice conversation.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Athena is such a reliable, great, reasonably-priced, restaurant with attentive service.

Somehow, there is always a table, no matter how jammed is the A1A (across the park) and the other St. Augustine landmarks. Wonderful brunches, wonderful dinners - excellent food, excellent value. To me, it is rare that a restaurant does brunch and dinner so well, but they do. You can show up anytime, get right in, and be delighted with your choice.

I do not claim to be a gourmet, but the Greek dishes are on par with those in the name Greek restaurants I have patronized in Boston and New York.

Actually, their moussaka is my favorite version of this Greek staple, from any restaurant. It is noticeably sweet, tasty, juicy. WIth or without a Greek salad, a great meal.

I can't recall every dish we have ever ordered there, but there has never been a dud. I never order lamb, but loved it at the Athena.

My daughter is adventuresome, but can be a picky, cautious eater. However, at the Athena, she invites my suggestions and has tried and loved every dish ever ordered. I consider that high praise!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

One of my St. Augustine favorites- Athena has authentic Greek food in a very casual setting. It's located on Cathedral Street, directly across from the Plaza.

I often take home the combo platter, which is enough for both my lunch and dinner. Or I split it with a friend.
The flaming cheese is always divine.