“Best Fried Shrimp in St Aug”

O'Steen's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant is our "go to" place when we are leaving town on a trip, coming home after one, treating visitors, meeting friends or just in the mood for the best fried shrimp around. The sides feature seasonal vegetables, and the ice tea flows freely. The lines are long-for good reason, but you can kill time by browsing for antiques next door, or pull up a stool in the pub just down the street. Bring cash or a local check-no credit cards.

1  Thank NancyMcB501

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Read many positive reviews and went there Nov 21 at 4:30. No wait and had the 9 piece and 12 piece fried shrimp. My wife and I agreed that it was the very best fried shrimp we ever had. And it was the best meal of our 5 day stay in St. Augustine. The service was excellent..

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We have eaten here a dozen times. Every time includes a minimum 45 minute wait. It is a great place to go if you want local, one of a kind shrimp and sauce. We have never ordered anything besides the shrimp meals. Sides are usually just ok. Crinkle cut fires are weak. Shrimp and house sauce is the star. This trip we didn't feel like waiting so we ordered for pickup and it was ready in about 10 minutes. It was ok because they "steamed" in the Styrofoam container. Next time we will order to go, get it in 10 minutes, and eat it on the bench outside in front of the people that have been waiting an hour. hahaha. Great shrimp, small dining room, long wait, and CASH ONLY! make sure you stop in while in St. Augustine.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just returned home from having lunch at this restaurant and were not impressed at all. I had fried clams and my husband had the crab cake. For sides we had the "fresh" squash and what we thought was "fresh" green beans and a hush puppy. Only thing we can say was good was the squash. There was not much taste to the fried clams - was more breading than clams. The crab cake was a little on the greasy side as was the hush puppy. Guess we should have ordered their Shrimp - as I understand that it is fresh and is what O'Steens is known for. We know we will not be going back there again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My mother and I go to O'Steens every week and are never disappointed. The best shrimp I have ever had and the side dishes are so good I sometimes take home an extra. The service is impeccable and the prices are modest. The white acre peas are to die for....

1  Thank mb s