“Great Spanish Food”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for over 111 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 110-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I am glad I chose this restaurant for dinner. The food arrive fast and the place is beautiful. The food was a mix of Cuban and Spanish flavors.

1  Thank Jaffriv
There are newer reviews for Columbia Restaurant

Reviewed November 18, 2013

For my last night in St. Augustine, I chose the Columbia Restaurant and I'm so glad I dd; it was simply superb! Parking isn't always the easiest thing in this town, but just outside the back door of the restaurant there's a huge public parking lot; couldn't be better. The ambiance of the restaurant is wonderful; it's a real jewel with it's table. cloths and beautiful decorations. The menu is huge so take some time to really peruse it.I started with the house specialty soup followed by the veal dish. The food was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and every fork full was to be savored. The restaurant was packed and yet the delivery time of my meal was right on track. My waitress was knowledgeable and friendly and I left feeling I had saved the best for last on my trip to St. Augustine. DON'T MISS EATING HERE!

1  Thank Bob T
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We just relocated to St Augustine and based on hearing glowing reports about Columbia's food, service and atmosphere, we visited the restaurant with a visiting friend late in October. We were all so excited and as we entered were so impressed with the interior, as we fully expected to be. That's where are excitement ended. Two of us ordered the seafood paella and one ordered a broiled fish dish. We ordered a hot seafood appetizer and one diner a Caesar salad. The hot appetizer was never delivered (we told our server when the entrees were brought, and without an apology,she asked if we still wanted it. For obvious reasons, we didn't.) The Caesar Salad came without dressing which didn't come until the entrees were brought (again no comment from the server). The biggest disappointment was the taste and preparation of the entrees. The rice served with the Paella was so salty we could not eat it, and the broiled fish, while tasty was overcooked and rubbery. Once the meals were brought, the server never returned to determine if were were happy with our food. We wanted dessert but couldn'd deal with the incompetence of our server. We asked for our check, which took over 10 minutes to receive and at that point, we gave the server our feedback on the meal. She made not one comment, did not inform the manager and we had to tell her to delete the charge for the undelivered appetizer. She did not offer to give us a dessert or lessen the bill. I assure you that on the rare occasion that I have been disappointed in a facet of a meal in another restaurant, the management took every step to insure resolution and to assure our future return. Whether we will give Columbia another chance is questionable...we had already made a reservation for Nov. 29 to celebrate my son's Thanksgiving visit and my sister's birthday but whether we go or cancel is still up in the air. Honestly, never have we been more disappointed in a restaurant that was so highly touted and recommended.

3  Thank barb1747
guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Our president and 4th generation family member always reminds us we are only as good as the last meal we serve. The experience that you and your group had on your visit is absolutely NOT a reflection on the service that we have been welcoming our guests with for over 108 years and we apologize for the many issues you had, most of which could have been resolved if your server had been more attentive and practiced our proper training.

We do read all comments here, good and bad, and we thank you for giving us these specific examples of how we can do a better job. We will share your comments with our managers for continued training and improvement.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The four of us enjoyed a great meal with flavor! I am not adventurous in the trying new foods area, yet could not help but enjoy my chicken that was pan seared and smothered in tomatillo sauce. We ended our meal with some bread pudding which, I must say, delicious and would warrant a visit just on that alone!

The sangria is good, as was everything everyone ordered. We practically rolled out!
Oh, and make a reservation... You will be seated right away!

2  Thank poppingupdaisies
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First time at Columbia in St Augustine. We've been to Celebration, FL restaurant and are big fans of there signature salad as well as the sangria. There was a wait although we did make reservations. Not a quiet place my any means.

Service was fair - better experience in Celebration. Not that the waitress was rude but not a warm & fuzzy type.

Dinner was great - I recommend the filet mignon.

1  Thank Mark B