“Beautiful restaurant”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 584 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for over 111 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 110-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Sarasota, Florida
“Beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We are slowly trying to get to all of the Columbia Restaurants in Florida. The menu has alot of nice choices. Must have a glass of the Sangria. Must have their famous salad. There are so many great menu choices. They are also vegetarian friendly.

1 Thank J R

• Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
“Always a Great Place To Eat”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been to the Columbia in St. Augustine, FL several times for both lunch and dinner.

The staff have always been very friendly, courteous, out-going, and very good at their individual positions.

The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is wonderful.

They have some great vegetarian dishes for my wife and I am always happy with whatever Cuban-originated dish I have ever ordered there.

Also, its located in a really nice area of "old" St. Augustine, so walking off a big meal is a nice way to end a wonderful evening or to spend an afternoon by checking out all the shops, galleries and historical buildings.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Honest R
St. Augustine, Florida
“Great food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Since I no longer live in Tampa, FL, I jumped at the chance to eat here (the original Columbia is located in Ybor in Tampa).

We did wait over 45 minutes for a table outside, in July, in the sun, since so many people were inside there was nowhere for us to sit and wait. However, once we got seated, things immediately improved. A/C is a wonderful thing, and it works well inside! Our server came quickly to get us water and bring menus, but was VERY slow to return with cocktails and refills throughout the meal.

I ordered ropa vieja, which is traditionally leftover cuts of meat which were unused during the week, and are turned into a sort of thick stew. This was instead made with "choice" meat, but was delicious as any other ropa I've eaten. It came with rice and beans, and fried plantains. I ate every bit of it, which is a tall order.

My wife ordered a Cuban sandwich with a side of black beans. Both were great. The sandwich was huge and fresh.

Overall a good experience, once we got inside. I do wish our server was a bit more attentive, but the food was fantastic.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our second visit to a Columbia Restaurant. Let me stress that this is NOT A CHAIN! It is family owned. The original location inTampa ( our first visit in 2011) has been in existence for over 100 years, still owned by the same family. There is also a restaurant in S Armand's Circle and I believe, Sarasota as well.

The service is impeccable, the food delicious and presented beautifully. The famous 1905 salad delicious and is prepared at the table. The Cuban bread is mouth watering. Everything we have ordered is yummy.The Mojitos are some of the best we have tasted! Everyone on staff is very friendly and gracious.

The decor is Old World and takes the guests to another time and place.

The Columbia restaurant sells its coffee,1905 salad dressing, Spanish pottery and a fabulous cookbook. I no longer buy cookbooks, I do everything online. This day I purchased the book and I do not regret it! I have prepared several dishes and they are as good as what we ate in the restaurant!

There is always a wait, so make reservations, if possible.

2 Thank LulaLaughs
“Best restaurant in St. Augustine”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Don't leave St. Augustine without a trip to Columbia. The food is great. You'll love everything about this place.

2 Thank mawaites