“Usually I love it”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for over 111 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 110-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I love the ambience of the restaurant but the service & food has really gone downhill, especially for the prices they charge - I was so disappointed last time I don't know if I'll be back, this was always a must on our visits

There are newer reviews for Columbia Restaurant

Reviewed April 20, 2012

A small family chain in Florida that is 100+ years old, it is in a nice Spanish provincial building in the centre of town. We had tapas: 1. chorizo with onions, garlic, and olive oil; 2. shrimp Barbacoa with chimichurri sauce (yummy); 3. crab croquettes with hot sauce (these were a bit bland). A nice Albarino from Spain was a good wine for us.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Went for lunch but not happy it took so long to get our lunch! It was delicious but put off going there for dinner because of the time spent waiting...
Loved our waitress! She made the wait enjoyable!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a small chain specializing in tapas plates and Spanish influenced dishes. Huge menu and everything sounded delicious although we didn't feel that the dishes tasted as good as they sounded. Might just have been the dishes we chose, of course. I would give them another try. Attractive setting and delicious sangria made at your table.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was recommended the "bambino steak" apparently Babe Ruth had really bad taste. The $33 over cooked flank steak was diner quality at best. I've ruined ruined better steaks on my grill My wife had the filet mignon, not good at all, very bland sauce and the meat was poor quality

I was interested in the seafood but the waitress recommend the Babe's dish as a house favorite

Very disappointing

Beware

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

I am so sorry to read that you and your wife did not enjoy your steaks. Our steaks are normally very flavorful and tender, and I don’t know what happened in the kitchen to cause your meals to not be good. We will pass these comments along to our chef so he can make sure our recipes are being followed.