“Neat "Old Florida" restaurant”

Salt Water Cowboy's
Ranked #63 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Loved the decor of the restaurant. Had to walk around to see it all before we left. Wish we had gotten there a bit earlier so we could have watched the sun set across the marsh.

Food was good. We splurged on an "anniversary dinner" and got lobster. It wasn't bad, but bet there were other things on the menu that might have been a better choice.

We'd go and try again. You should too. There's a reason they've been there for years!

There are newer reviews for Salt Water Cowboy's

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went to Salt Water Cowboy's on a recommendation. The location is great and the atmosphere is awesome but the food is not worth the price. I had the blackened combo with a side salad and one of those gave me a powerful dose of Montezuma's revenge! The rest of our party was happy and healthy with their meals. The service, at least ours, was marginal at best. Could have been a bad night for us but I think there are many more choices that would better.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed June 26, 2014

First timer at this restaurant. Arrived around 6:15 and waited 45 minutes in the rain. Have I made a mistake?? The outside scenery is right out of the old south, complete with a wooden house on a marshy inlet with old crab traps and old timber. Inside was like a old southern museum. Lori was our server and provided complete answers for our questions. Took our order, arrived correctly and catering to our every request. Rock shrimp was excellent with a side order of New England Clam Chowder. Coconut shrimp pleased my wife. Fried shrimp pleased my daughter. A side order of hush puppies, and a slice of pie (key lime and chocolate almond) for each of us. A real treat from start to finish. Have I made a mistake to wait 45 minutes in the rain? Nope, I'd do it all over again, assuming Lori will be our server. Well done.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We love this place and go every time we are in St Auggie. Get there when it opens at 5, it fills up by 5:45. It I s a neat, rustic setting and we always have good service. I really enjoyed the rock shrimp and my husband enjoyed the snapper. Great place!!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great food, service, and prices. My family and I enjoyed the experience tremendously. Loved the salad dressing and the drinks! Best ribs I've had in a long time! Recommend this hidden jewel highly.