“Local Color”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very good food, had the rock shrimp YUM!! the last time we were there, have had other meals that also were very, very good .Ambiance is great right on the marsh, great views.Get there early gets crowded but is worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I read all the reviews, and despite the mixture, we decided to give it a try because of the location and promise of a great sunset. Unfortunately, the sunset wasn't exactly spectacular on the night we went, and our experience was true to the mixed reviews. My husband loved the baby back ribs, while I chose the grilled scallops, which were sandy and with no flavor whatsoever. The house salad is wonderful, although drenched in dressing (ask for it on the side it you prefer it that way). Service was less than stellar - we could have died from thirst, and the waiter never checked back once the food was served. They were out of two of the desserts (at 7:00 PM, with the dining room no more than 1/4 filled). The decor was what I would call southern rustic and very comfortable. But all in all, we would not return and I would not recommend it over the many other fine restaurants in St. Augustine.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The setting is very nice, offering something different. The food was average, but the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The photos here do not do the restaurant justice.... It really is cute and unique! The clam chowder is excellent as are the dinner rolls. We ate late and are dinner was a bit dry and over-cooked. Overall I liked the place more for its atmosphere and soup. The seafood combination platter was disappointing. Maybe our late arrival ( after 8:30 pm) had something to do with it. I would go there again for the clam chowder!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wife and I had chicken and ribs, ribs not tender, tea tasted nasty, maybe due to location at beach, asked to have diet coke to replace the tea, service was good, location is good on the marsh.

1  Thank safetynet