“Unforgettable experience”

St. Augustine Biplane Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: St. Augustine's Only Authentic Biplane Company! Attention, We Are Open Year Round. Autumn And Winter Are Perfect Times To Fly In Florida!! Experience the Thrill of Flying in an Open Cockpit Biplane! At St. Augustine Biplane Rides you will have the rare opportunity to travel back in time to the "Golden Age of Aviation." Not only will you get to fly in a beautiful open cockpit biplane, you can share the experience. Our Biplane Seats Two Passengers! Yep, our WACO biplane seats two side by side, so you can bring along a friend, or loved one, and get to fly over beautiful St. Augustine. Our Waco is a true time machine and the world's only currently produced luxury 1935 Model, FAA Certified Biplane. If you love St. Augustine from the ground you will appreciate it even more from the air. Where else can you fly in a true piece of aviation history over one of the most historic places in the USA!Our company offers this unique "combined" experience offered nowhere else...
Los Angeles, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic experience flying with Dave. Both he and his wife are terrific from start to stop. Aircraft is beautiful and the scenery is gorgeous. Dave was fun, and put us at ease during the flight. Can't say enough about this experience. Having taken similar trips, and having flown single-engine aircraft myself in my past, his prices are extremely reasonable for the experience you get. I wouldn't even call it a splurge to do this....it's a great part of the experience of visiting St. Augustine and Anastasia island area....and one that shouldn't be missed.

1 Thank DougM3

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG! OMG! Memories made we will never forget!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for the most memorable experience ever!!! Just made it home from spending two weeks in florida and asked my daughter her favorite thing she did..."the airplane ride duh mom" and I have to agree. Words can almost not describe this experience. Dave and his wife make you feel valued with their kindness, patience, ans care they have for YOUR experience. They were so patient allowing ample time for pics. They were relaxed, smiled alot, and just made you feel like you were all friends just having a great time. The views are breath taking even for an 8 year old. The price is so reasonable, but when you compare it to the experience, it actually ends up being PRICELESS. This is a must do, and i fell in love with St. Augustine and plan on visiting again...and whoever I take, first stop will definatley be with Dave and his wife to share the beat kept secret in St. Augustine! Thank You So Much!

1 Thank Proxmire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary this weekend in St. Augustine and we wanted something to sweep us off our feet. And Dave certainly did!!! I was a bit nervous but after meeting Dave and his wife, I felt so comfortable with flying. We did the Anastasia package and could not believe the views we saw. We've done the typical walking tours and have been to St. Augustine a few times since we live in Orlando and this beats all tours. We loved having the headsets on and listening into the radio tower and Dave telling us what we were seeing and preparing us for some exciting turns. Whole new world up there and we can see why Dave loves what he does. Thank you Dave for giving us the greatest anniversary weekend. I know we will be back!!

“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was an absolutely awesome experience! We are on our honeymoon and took the romantic sunset tour and we could not be happier. There was a perfect balance between learning about where we were and just enjoying the sights. We were nervous having never been in a biplane and Dave made us feel so comfortable and confident our nerves disappeared. Tons of fun!!

Visited August 2013
“Don't miss this experience!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

An awesome experience in every way! Dave the pilot awesome, professional and very accommodating. I've always wanted to go up in a biplane, and this was the perfect opportunity don't miss out!

Visited July 2013