“Even if you've been to St Augustine this is a must do!!”

St. Augustine Biplane Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: St. Augustine's Only Authentic Biplane Company! Attention! We Are Open Year Round. Autumn And Winter Are Perfect Times To Fly In Florida!! Experience The Thrill of Flying in a Biplane. At St. Augustine Biplane Rides you will have the rare opportunity to travel back in time to the "Golden Age of Aviation." Our Biplane Seats Up to Four Passengers! Yep, our WACO biplane seats up to 4 passengers, so you can bring along a loved one, a pal, or bring the kiddos! Our Waco is a true time machine and we are the world's only company offering rides in a genuine fully restored 1935 Custom Cabin Waco Biplane. If you love St. Augustine from the ground you will appreciate it even more from the air. The Views from the Biplane are unmatched by any other flying machine. Where else can you fly in a true piece of aviation history over one of the most historic places in the USA! Our company offers this unique "combined" experience offered nowhere else... Sightseeing at it's Best.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife purchased this for me as a Father's Day gift and it was a first class experience that my teenage son and I will remember forever. I have been to St Augustine 100's of times and I have seen the sights but to see them from a vintage plane made it like it was the first. I am a history buff and love old warbirds and vintage aircraft and to have this experience is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thanks Dave for your expertise and hope to fly my twins soon! P.S. Nice cafe-style bike!

All reviews
"biplane flight"
in 3 reviews
"called dave"
in 2 reviews
"prices are extremely reasonable"
"half hour tour"
"old city"
in 7 reviews
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My fiance and I went flying over St. Augustine with Dave yesterday and what an awesome trip! From the start, Dave was excellent. I called to schedule and then reschedule and asked a ridiculous number of questions. I love details and Dave answered all my questions and even discussed contigency plans for weather.

On the day of our flight we arrived 20 minutes early and Dave was ready to go. This was great because it meant no waiting! Dave discussed the plane, safety information, and what to expect while in flight. A short time later, we were up in the air.

The flight was very smooth and the sights were beautiful. As natives of the area, my fiance and I have been to St. Augustine many times in the last few decades. But we were both surprised how beautiful and different the city looked from the air. Dave flew in such a way that we both got great views of the fort, beaches, the ocean, and St. Augustine. We also go to get several pictures of our wedding venue from the air which was amazing.

If you are visiting the area for a weekend, live nearby, terrified of flying, or love adventurous activities, flying with Dave is a must!!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If your idea of seeing St. Augustine is to ride around those bumpy streets, well that's one way. But we found another more interesting and exciting way with St. Augustine Biplane Rides. From the two seat cockpit of the Waco YMF-5C not only do you see the usual attractions of this beautiful city but also the whole area and sites are on full display, including some that you can only see from the air. Over the headsets Dave the pilot points out all of the places of interest.
The flight and sights we witnessed were the highlight of our vacation in St. Augustine. I recommend that if your are vacationing in the St. Augustine area or even visiting for the day this is a must do experience. Thank You Dave, it is one of those moments that we will treasure for the rest of our lives!!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Yesterday we took a biplane ride over St Augustine with Dave Genet, owner of St Augustine Biplane Rides. What a thrill! As others have observed, Dave is a great pilot who pays close attention to safety and he addresses any passenger questions or concerns. We took the Anastasia Island Tour described on his website, and it was outstanding. We live just north of St Augustine, but seeing the area and familiar sights from the air gave us a whole new perspective and appreciation. Whether you're a local or visiting, flying with Dave is an experience you should not miss!