My wife and I needed a week getaway and we didn't want to drive very far. The Grande Villas at World Golf Village seemed a good choice as I wanted to do some historical research in St. Augustine, quite nearby. We had a one bedroom unit on the third floor of Building 3 which had a fairway view. For a one bedroom the unit was quite spacious with full kitchen, laundry, sitting area and a very narrow balcony facing the fairway.
The unit was very dark with a small window at the entryway, dark wall and floor trim throughout with dark wall and base cabinets. The craftsmanship was not particularly good and the tile work in the bathroom was pathetic. The furniture was all dark and heavy but quite sturdy.
The kitchen was exceptionally well equipped with a good assortment of utensils, appliances, flatware, table and glassware and pots and pans. I was very pleased with this as we'd planned on eating out only two evenings and cooking in on the remainder of the evenings.
The grounds were very well landscaped and maintained, the pool large with expansive deck and more than adequte and varied seating. The pool and hot tub were very clean and never very crowded. There were both gas and charcoal gilles spaced throughout the property and when I inspected them I discovered that they were exceptionally clean and very well maintained.
The staff was unobtrusive, efficient and very cordial. Even if one does not play golf, this property is a good choice as a base of operations but one should keep in mind that there are limited dining options in the immediate area. A nice Publix is about 3 miles distant and a CVS and Walgreens is in the same complex with Publix.
The internet, although free, was not dependable and we experienced numerous interruptions with both the T.V. and WI FI all week long.
In booking your stay you will want to check on the number and size of the windows in your unit. If one has a week of foul weather, the units without sufficient light will prove depressing. I'm certain that we will make a return visit at some point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country club living at Grande Villas at World Golf Village is unsurpassed. This year-round golfer's mecca offers two championship 18-hole courses designed by legendary golf pros Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer. And that's just for starters. There's plenty to do for non-golfers, as well. Practice your backhand on the tennis courts, shoot some hoop on the basketball court, perfect your spike at the volleyball net or pump some iron in the fitness center. After you've worked up a sweat, cool down with some leisurely laps in the spectacular heated pool. The showplace of Grande Villas, the pool is as refreshing to the eyes as it is to swimmers and sunbathers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Villas at World Golf Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Villas At World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Grande Villas World Golf Village
- Grand Villas World Golf Village
- Grande World Golf Village Villas