A large, very quiet resort (except for the too loud pool music, intended for 60-something's), with lovely rooms (we had a 2 BR suite) and views. The grocery store was convenient, as was St. Augustine (exit off Route 95 five miles south, then about 5 more miles to downtown). The pool was large, and the basketball and tennis courts were readily available. Little sign of staff anywhere, but we didn't need them. Rude time-share representative at registration, but just tell him you're not interested and he'll go away. Most people seemed on the older side, with a golf-class fashion sense and corresponding fitness level. The 18 hole putting course was fun, as was Caddyshack, the casual restaurant on site. We did not play golf ($160 a round), but hit some balls at the driving range (overpriced at $20). Several things were missing - including food/drink service at pool, good towels - but once you got used to the emptiness and the bite of sulphur in the drinking water, it was a good enough place to stay (2 adults, 2 13 year old boys). Recommend kayaking in St. Mary's, Georgia; the fort in St. A's; strolling around St. A's; the coast north of St. A's, and several par 3 courses, including one on the way to Ponte Verda (alongside a horse farm).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country club living at Grande Villas at World Golf Village is unsurpassed. This year-round golfer's mecca offers two championship 18-hole courses designed by legendary golf pros Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer. And that's just for starters. There's plenty to do for non-golfers, as well. Practice your backhand on the tennis courts, shoot some hoop on the basketball court, perfect your spike at the volleyball net or pump some iron in the fitness center. After you've worked up a sweat, cool down with some leisurely laps in the spectacular heated pool. The showplace of Grande Villas, the pool is as refreshing to the eyes as it is to swimmers and sunbathers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Grande Villas at World Golf Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Villas At World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Grande Villas World Golf Village
- Grand Villas World Golf Village
- Grande World Golf Village Villas