“Beautiful Resort, Great Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Grande Villas at World Golf Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Beautiful Resort, Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have never seen a room more beautiful and accomodating in any hotel I've ever stayed. The pool was also wonderful and my 5 year old loved the waterfall. The area of St. Augustine, which I barely knew existed, is also beautiful and full of history. I will definitley be back!

Room Tip: Do the Trolley Tour, it's awesome!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank KMarrone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
mcdonough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I never write reviews, but this place is great! I got just the one bedroom condo at 150 a night and it had plenty of space. It's clean, comfortable, and in a great location! Short drive to beaches, downtown, outlet malls (15 minutes) and very peaceful! Your family will enjoy it and for the price, you can't beat it! Simply awesome, don't waste your time look elsewhere, bookit!

Room Tip: I booked the one bedroom condo, which was plenty. For about 50 more a night you can get a two bedr...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 1025mcdonough
Roan Mountain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a 2-bedroom deluxe unit and it was a wonderful vacation for our family. My husband and I went with our daughter and her 2-year old little girl and we will definitely return here. The staff went out of their way to insure our stay was free of any problems. The pool was fantastic, perfect for small children! The IMAX theater was a great experience, watching Pirates of the Caribbean in 4-D. We will definitely return to this resort in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank MtngirlTN
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Beautiful, spacious and clean condo. Back enclosed patio over looking the golf course.
Good location near St Augustine and I-95.
The pool is large and clean.
Really had no complaints about this place and plan to stay again when visiting St Augustine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank buffy333Florida
Avon Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have no idea where the people who are writing those horrible reviews stayed, but the Grande Villas were amazing. Super clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and the room was HUGE. A one bedroom with a Jacquzzi tub in the bedroom, a full kitchen, with a balcony, wet bar, dining room, and huge bathroom, dishwasher and washer/dryer!

It is true that you don't have maid service unless you pay for it, but you're an adult. Clean up after yourself. No, the linens aren't changed daily, but do you do that daily at home? Conservation is okay.... so what if they don't give you new towels daily. You have a washer and dryer.

The location is a bit far from the historic district, but that is the ONLY complaint. everything else was amazing. I would stay there again tomorrow... heck, I would live there. Such a beautiful place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank traytait
Bermuda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

Well, where to begin? i booked one night initially through Expedia. The stay was originally supposed to be a one-night stopover on the drive back to PA. I later added three nights through Expedia again, when our plans changed. First, I called Expedia and asked if we could hook together the two reservations, but they told me to call the resort. I called--over 10 times!!!--before I could get anyone to commit to scheduling this. All we wanted to do is stay in the same room all four nights. Each person we spoke to told us that the hook up of the reservations was done, but, not being trusting of hotel management, I would call back a few days later and find that it was not done. Finally, I spoke with a manager, who promised all was fine. However, on our last day of the stay we came back from the beach and our keys were deactivated because we were automatically checked out of the room. At least our stuff was not bagged up. I was livid! Plus, on top of that, the resort parking lots were pretty empty--it was not like they were full up. Why was this so hard to do?

OK--that's just the issue about the booking. Had the room been beautiful, I would have gotten over it. However, the room was filthy. Despite being dirty, I must admit that I loved the excessive space. We had a one-bedroom deluxe. But here is a list of the gross outs: 1) dirty, stained carpets; 2) kitchen and bathroom floors sticky and turned feet black (I used a wet and soapy bath towel and scrubbed both floors. The bath towel turned black in the cleaning process.); 3) clean sheets, yes, but sickening crusty stain--yes, probably from a romantic event--on the master bed blanket; 4) Because of the dirty carpets, I used the vacuum, and, during the usage, the vac grabbed a corner of my daughter's blanket. When I pulled out the blanket, it had black goo all over it, meaning that the vacuum was useless because it was filthy inside; 5) peeling paint in outdoor halls and exposed rust on railings; 6) pool area appeared to have guests that were not all resort customers.

Now, despite all this, we enjoyed our time together, but our good time was about being together as a family and not about the accomodations. I would NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I called to ask about directions on the afternoon following the key mishap, and the woman I spoke to said that she was glad I got my working keys finally and would I consider coming to their breakfast/timeshare info session. I politely said, "No thanks," but, get real, who would ever want to purchase from this yucky place. No wonder the management is apathetic, as so many of these reviews suggest. It looks like the budget does not allow for basic cleaning and upkeep. The management is probably so sick of dealing with complaints. BOTTOM LINE--STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. fINALLY, IF YOU DO END UP HERE, i DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU PURCHASE THE att 10 DOLLAR PER DAY INTERNET. IT WILL WORK FOR AN HOUR AND THEN NO CONNECTION. THEN YOU WILL SPEND THREE HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH ATT TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING CANCELLED.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank carraquenia
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We stayed in a wonderful one-bedroom condo looking at the World Golf Hall of Fame from our patio! Great location for visitng the Hall of Fame and playing both golf courses there. The unit had everything we needed and was very roomy, had a washer/dryer in the unit, elevator to get us and our luggage up, convenient parking, and a list of planned activities for the guests.

Hightly recommend these units.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple