“Good, quick lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Had the Caprese sandwich and the calimari. The caprese sandwich was flavorful and fantastic, also decently priced. The calamari order was good sized but we were surprised at the chipolte sauce drizzle on the appetizer. It ended up being rather tasty, but might not be for everyone. We were seated quickly and service was fairly prompt.

There are newer reviews for Al's Pizza

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My MIL wanted to go to this particular pizza place, or I should say order from this place. I'm dairy free so I got the chicken sandwich. When we ordered I clearly stated NO CHEESE, NO DAIRY. we went back 20 minutes later and picked up our order. I thought I was pretty clear with the no cheese comment.
We got to the picnic table and they started to eat the pizza...I opened my sandwich and there was Parmesan cheese on it! They managed not to put the provolone on it but they go and finish off the sandwich with a sprinkle of Parmesan CHEESE? That really ticked me off, BUT I didn't want to walk all the way back to the restaurant then have to wait for them to get it right and then go back to where my family was and then have them wait for me to finish eating. So I ate it anyway trying to pick out the sprinkles of cheese. It wont kill me but it makes it easier to breathe when I don't have dairy.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is in the heart of the Old City. I've had better pizza though - and less expensive. You don't get much for your money here but it offers a small balcony for outdoor seating to watch the passers by while you eat.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Al's was recommended to us at the Old Town Visitors Center. We were glad we chose it. Our 14 year old granddaughter chose the Chicken Alfredo Pizza with chicken, basil, crumbled bacon, cheese on top of alfredo sauce -all on a thin crust. It was really tasty, and really hot - temperature wise.

My husband had the Deluxe Calzone, about 10" long, filled peppperoni, sausage, ham, onion, green pepper, black olives, ricotta and mozzerella cheeses and a side or marinara sauce. Very good!

We recommend this friendly and clean place!

1  Thank Debra D
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Probably some of the best food in St. Augustine. We had dinner on a Saturday night and the food was great! We were not sure about eating somewhere in the middle of the tourist area, but we thought we would give it a try. We all had calzones and they were some of the best we have ever haf - the prices were very reasonable for being on St. George Street in the touristy area. The service was attentive and friendly. This is a great place, close to everything. Great for families.