“Ok but I wished I would have tried a place with more character”
Review of Al's Pizza

Al's Pizza
Ranked #120 of 583 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“Ok but I wished I would have tried a place with more character”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I was there before the lunch crowd was greeted, seated, and waited on promptly. My wife ordered cheese pizza she loved it. I ordered a Greek salad hold the olives it was very good a little meat would have made it excellent. I ordered the deluxe calzone the waiter realized I asked for no olives on my salad and asked about the calzone bc deluxe comes with olives I thanked him for reminding and agreed to hold olives. The was hot full of cheese mozzarella and ricotta all the meat toppings were just in the center but olives were spread throughout they were big pieces with lots of olive taste which unfortunately I don't like. The water saw me picking the olives out and never commented or offered any solutions and never made any apologies. But that was just one thing the place is nice new and clean. Oh I almost forgot either I'm not educated enough to turn the water on in the bathroom sink or it was broken also the toilet seat would not stay up on its own so touching more than usual and not being able to wash my hands cut in on my lunch pleasures.

• Visited August 2013

Orlando, FL, Florida, USA
“Pretty Tasty Lunch!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped in for lunch while in St. Augustine and found a very pleasant Italian eatery! The marinara is very fresh, with a bold tomato flavor, which I love. I thought the prices were a little high at $50 w/tip for lunch for 4 people. I had the lunch special Chicken parmesan which didn't even include pasta, it was an additional charge. The other three diners had sandwiches. I guess you have to consider this is a tourist area so I'm sure it was comparable to the others in the area. I would go back but be more careful with our ordering so as not to break the budget at lunch time!

Visited August 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“My Newest Favorite Pizza Joint in St. Augustine”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a local, we recently visited Al's Pizza and fell in love with the Chicken Alfredo Pizza. We like to arrive just before the lunch hour crowd and enjoy the view overlooking the city gates or Castillo de San Marcos. The waitstaff is young, but they get the job done.

Visited April 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“Best Pizza around”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Another Jacksonville iconic beach pizza joint that has made its way to St. Augustine. Excellent pizzas, beer, calzones etc. It's been a local staple for many years. No. 1 in my book for pizza.

Visited April 2013
“Okay”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate at Al's the other day after walking around St. George St. We were seated upstairs with a view of the castle. Our sever was fast to take our drink order and the apps were out quick. The fried ravioli were okay and the salad with tomato slice and mozzarella slice was served without oil and balsamic. The salad was sparsely dressed so we used some of that for the mozzarella and tomatoe. The margarita pizza was okay and not hot when served and the BLT pizza was cold too. It tasted alright but not what we have enjoyed here in the past. The cold drinks were good as was the service. We may give it another shot next time in St. Augustine.

• Visited July 2013