“Great food, average service”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #240 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son, and I grabbed dinner here. The inside has been remodeled since the last time we dined in (we typically do curbside service at this location) and it's o definitely better, not as dark as it used to be.

Carrabba's now has a value menu of sorts, where entrees are priced between $10-15 and includes a salad and your choice of an appetizer or dessert. We were all very pleased with our meals, as they were fresh and flavorful. The disappointment was the service. Once we were seated, it took several minutes for the server to greet us and provide menus (it was not busy at the time), and once she did, she didn't return for almost 10 minutes to take our order. She also didn't bring my son a salad, which comes with the dinner sized order of cavatappi. Whenever we order using curbside service, the server ALWAYS includes it. So, it seems our server should have had a better knowledge of the menu.

I love Carrabba's and the quality of the food here, but from now on, I'll just continue ordering using curbside service, which has great employees working it and makes for a more positive experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ater spending a full day at the Player's Tournament, my husband and I went to Carrabba's. I have been to a few of them in several other states. Our waitress was Kaitlin D. From the first moment she welcomed us to the restaurant, she was a delight. She know the menu, answered all our questions and gave my husband a glutten-free menu. She suggested a few items on the menu and one of them was the caprese appetizer. It was excellent: homemade cheese, tasty tomatoes and onions and an aged balsamic vinegar! I had the minestrone soup and it was full of vegetables and my husband had a soup of the day. The entrees were very good and served hot. Atter dinner, the manager, Edward Serafini came over to the table to say hi and to check on our meal. We enjoyed talking to him and suggested the corporation open a few restaurants in our area. Thanks again Katie for the great service and have a great summer.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We hate eating at chains on trips because we want to try the local fare. After wasting money on sub-par local restaurants in SA, it was a relief to have an enjoyable meal at Carrabas. Excellent pasta. The best sangria. Great happy hour deals. Service left a lot to be desired.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Their pizza for takeout was rather small and rather expensive, but it was good. There always seem to be lot of cars in their parking lot, and we have not eaten inside, so cannot comment further.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food was excellent and the service was amazing. The prices we very reasonable. Would highly recommend having the caesar salad!!!