“A must visit!”
Review of Puccini's Pizzeria

Puccini's Pizzeria
Ranked #155 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: At the bottom of the Vilano (Frank and Mary Usina) Bridge, right next door to the new Publix!
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went there with a group of 10 friends! Food and service was fantastic! With a group like that we ordered a variety of dishes and ALL of us were delighted! Can't say enough about the staff and the service provided. They checked on our needs regularly and we even had leftovers to bring home! There is also covered outside seating as well for those who want to smell the ocean while sipping a tall cool one, relaxing and eating excellent food. Don't miss it!!! We'll be back!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

While visiting the area we ordered two pizzas on a Friday night. We expected a bit of a wait since it was a Friday. We were told it would be between 45 minutes and an hour for delivery. Having gone to the Publix right beside the restaurant to pick up snacks for our two kids we just got out the bag of pretzels and waited for the awesome sounding pizza. After waiting over an hour and twenty minutes for our pizzas my husband called back to see if there had been a problem since our four year old needed to eat something and we had been asking him not to eat too many pretzels to ruin his dinner. My husband was told that our order should be arriving any minute since the delivery man had just left. (The Publix can be seen from the porch of our beach rental.) After another twenty minutes I urged him to call back. The woman that answered the phone asked my husband to hold on and then apparently the delivery man got on the phone and said our rental did not exist (he couldn't find our address but found the one directly beside ours even though our cottage was the one with the porch light on.) He rudely then informed my husband that our "order had been cancelled." Even though I hardly ever complain since In my profession I see that people are often rude because they are dealing with other stresses, I was very frustrated by the complete lack of concern or professionalism. Using trip advisor often myself to avoid situations such as this I wanted to make sure that others knew our experience. In order to make sure that I did not complain about the wrong staff members since we were left with no redress at 9:00 and my children had snacks for dinner I called back and the manager, Tania answered the phone. I explained that I did not want to complain about the wrong employee. Although not rude as the other man had been to my husband, ,she basically denied any responsibility as well. When asked why no one had ever called to say they were having trouble finding the house she stated that "the number they had been given" was out of service. When I pointed out that I was calling from the number that had been given and it was obviously not out of service she just repeated that the number was out of service. She did finally tell me that the man my husband spoke to during the second phone call was named Sean. This is a restaurant offering delivery to an area with vacation rentals and tourists. I would think there would be better customer service even if customers were confused about the address of their rental, which we were not. Even with three phone calls no one from the restaurant ever apologized for the confusion or the situation even though my husband did. In my view this does not meet the standards of hospitality or even common decency. I teach the golden rule to elementary children and they get it better that these people - at least on this occasion.

3  Thank CleanFreak4
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I am a new resident to the area and this has become one of our go-to restaurants for great pizza and excellent service at reasonable prices. Their house-made lasagna is really good, too! Tania (manager) is on top of everything, and she and her team always go out of their way to recognize regulars and new visitors alike. Live music on the patio helps give Puccini's a nice vibe. Pet friendly on the patio. Do yourself a favor and check out this great little friendly place!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

If you love Italian food - pizza, calzone, stromboli, pasta dishes- and desserts - tiramisu, cannoli - and an excellent variety if draft and bottles beers, Puccini's is the place to go. Excellent food, great service, friendly folks! Love this place!

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

There are too many other great pizza places in the area to waste your time on this one. I had a calzone, the marinara was sour, my sun dried tomatoes tasted like vinegar, and service was HORRIBLY slow. My kids said their pizza was "okay". We were entertained by the dog dining next to us though. ;-)

2  Thank Rachel S