“Pricey!”

Jaybird's Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 584 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. Voted Best Breakfast in St. Augustine. Full Bar, Wine, great selections of beers on tap, featured IPA on tap. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, wings, hand-tossed pizza, pasta, fish, homemade desserts. Indoor or outdoor seating. Hours of operation - Open 7 days a week: Breakfast 7:00 am - 2:00 pm Lunch 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
St. Augustine, Florida
“Pricey!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped at Jaybirds for a quick bite last week, since we had purchased a Double Take deal and would get $30 worth of food for $15. Sounded like a good deal to us.

I had the personal size pizza with just mozzarella and tomatoes. Granted the ingredients were all fresh, and the pizza was good. Hubby had a smothered chicken sandwich which was also good.

The restaurant is clean and attractive, and the variety of food is fine. Our problem was we both felt that everything was way overpriced. We had to fork over an additional $17 for the meal, in addition to the $30 Double Take. That included a miniscule piece of peanut butter pie at $6.95, in addition to the above mentioned items. A small glass of wine and a coke rounded out the menu. That’s it.

We like this restaurant and hope it makes it. But to be competitive, some price adjustments need to be made.

• Slovak first
High Springs, Florida
“Outstanding Meals, Atmosphere & Service”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was our first visit to the Jaybird Inn and to the Jaybird Restaurant. The unpretentious outside appearance hides the treasure within: excellent menu options, the food is beautifully prepared and plated in an interesting and innovative way. Even better, the service was outstanding - our waitress, Olivia, attended to our every need. We ate 3 different meals at this restaurant ... dinner, lunch and breakfast -- all outstanding!! Highly recommend this restaurant, & the Inn!

St. Augustine, Florida
“horrific”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I'm not one to go on line and write a review however Jay birds is the worst restaurants I have ever been to.if you're looking for a good home comfort food this place isn't it.I ordered the fried chicken which I'm not even sure it was chicken since it was covered in shake and bake coating which consumed the entire chicken. actually after my experience I would perfer the old time shake and bake method at home as it has more flavor then what I got.also they claimed to have homemade mashed potatoes but again this was a false statement as it was a refrigerated tub brand you get at the grocery store.Do yourself a favor and don't even think about trying it

• Visited April 2014
Margaret M, Owner at Jaybird's Restaurant, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
I am very sorry for your recent experience at Jaybird's. We have a special $10.95 Fried Chicken night on Wednesdays. I can assure you we serve real chicken bought fresh not frozen (we do not use shake n bake) and our potatoes are peeled fresh that day and mashed potatoes are made along with a homemade gravy. I spoke to all involved that night, servers and in the kitchen whom knew nothing of your terrible experience and for that again, we are truly sorry. We would have loved the opportunity to get you something else that you may like and make your experience a good one.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Pizza Sucked”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Pizza was greasy and the crust was not crisp. We had high expectations after reading other reviews but were very disappointed.

Visited April 2014
St. Augustine
“The "Best Omelets" ever”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I went to Jaybird's for brunch yesterday and were very pleasantly surprised by the omelets we had. I had the ham and smoked gouda , my wife had egg whites with bacon and Portobello mushrooms. They were huge and filled with cheese as well as the other ingredients we ordered. The wine list was small, inexpensive and had something for everyone. The ambiance was splendid, we sat at a table right by the fountain under an umbrella. It couldn't have been more pleasant and relaxing. I forgot to mention how great the biscuits and hash browns were. Service was very friendly. This was our second, but not last visit, and I am so glad we went back. The first time we went at night, the food was very delicious, some of the best fish taco's ever, but the ambiance left a lot to be desired. This is my new brunch spot.

1 Thank bigarn44