“Great breakfast”

Jaybird's Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 602 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. Voted Best Breakfast in St. Augustine. Full Bar, Wine, great selections of beers on tap, featured IPA on tap. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, wings, hand-tossed pizza, pasta, fish, homemade desserts. Indoor or outdoor seating. Hours of operation - Open 7 days a week: Breakfast 7:00 am - 2:00 pm Lunch 10:30 am - 2:00 pm. Available for booking private events day or evening.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stopped for breakfast. had to most amazing Sweet potato hash. Price was very reasonable. My wife had a skillet. both were great. Staff even offered to refill our coffee to go as we were on our way to the Kennedy space center

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had the best Flounder I have had in years! Mac and Cheese along with Cole slaw made it a meal I will remember for a long time. It was so good had to share with the other 3 with me. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. We had breakfast there the next day and were just as pleased ... try the crunchy French toast with fruit compote and homemade whip cream ... to die for!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Jaybird Inn this past weekend (November 29 - December 1). Upon arrival, we were tired so decided to just walk next door to Jaybird's Restaurant for a quick bite to eat. What a nice surprise!!! I had one of the best Margaritas that I have had in a long time and both of our meals were outstanding. You can definitely tell that it is freshly prepared and not out of a box.

We went back the next morning for breakfast and again, had great service and a wonderful meal!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Good food and friendly service. Very attentive staff. Very pretty outdoor area with water features. Omelets and french toast were very good.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

So, I had to work on Thanksgiving, and I wanted to have a traditional dinner without making it myself. I went online and found that Jaybirds was serving the Turkey Dinner. I went there at 11 a.m., Thanksgiving Day to order carry-out. The server/hostess told me that the price was $30. I said, "Wow, is it a buffet?" She told me it was not. I said, "That's a lot for a (single) turkey dinner." She told me that Jaybirds' food was all homemade, nothing frozen, with very generous portions. In other words, it would be worth the price. I said, "O.K., it's a holiday; let's do it." What an utter disappointment. The turkey came from a turkey roll....in other words, lunchmeat... cold cuts... And, it was so infused with....whatever was used....that all I could taste was salt and maybe... poultry seasoning..? For $30, I could not believe the turkey did not even come from a fresh carved turkey. The potatoes were half-mashed. The green beans had much too large pieces of fatty, rubbery bacon in them. And, the slice of pumpkin pie was more like a half of a slice of pie. The pecan stuffing was good. The service was good except for the lack of honesty. It's not the server's fault; I'm sure she was just repeating what she was told. But, let the buyer beware, and let this be a lesson learned. After all, I could have purchased a real 10-pound turkey prepared with all the trimmings from Publix for $40. I could have purchased a filet mignon from Conrad's for $21. I could have had a buffet for $19.95. The worst part is that the bad taste left in my mouth did not come from the food, but rather, from the feeling of being scammed.

Jaybirds2012, Owner at Jaybird's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

This was our first Thanksgiving Day open and I am very sorry you feel scammed, and even more sorry that you took your Thanksgiving Dinner to go and we did not even have a chance to make things better for you. Most of the guests were very happy with their meals as I had the opportunity to speak with most that day. If you would please come in and ask to speak with a manager we certainly would like the opportunity to have a better relationship with you.