“Can't miss.”

Jaybird's Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 589 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. Voted Best Breakfast in St. Augustine. Full Bar, Wine, great selections of beers on tap, featured IPA on tap. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, wings, hand-tossed pizza, pasta, fish, homemade desserts. Indoor or outdoor seating. Hours of operation - Open 7 days a week: Breakfast 7:00 am - 2:00 pm Lunch 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
St. Augustine, Florida
“Can't miss.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great breakfast spot. Usually eat here once a week. Full bar - don't miss the Mimosa's or the Bloody Mary's if so inclined.

My favorite is the breakfast burrito due to the pork green chile used to smother it. Great outdoor patio that is dog friendly (just enter one of the courtyard gates).

While I normally eat here for breakfast, the dinners are quite good as well. It's very well run - the owners are there most days slinging food with the servers.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SailorTonyB

• Slovak first
st. augustine, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not so good”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband went for dinner on a Wednesday night and sat on the patio. The weather was nice outside. I thought the patio would have looked better and more inviting if they had all the umbrellas in the open position. There was hardly anyone there. Happy hour had good priced beer and well drinks which we took advantage of and the drinks were good. I ordered fried shrimp and my husband ordered chicken parmesan. My shrimp tasted frozen and completely over cooked and dried out. So disappointed that I could not even find a shrimp in there. The fries were good and the cole slaw came in a tiny cup which I though was a skimpy amount. My husbands chicken parmesian was "so so" he said, and we were surprised that not one slice of bread was offered or served and the spaghetti was skimpy as well. I felt other places would have served that with a small salad as well. He finished my shrimp because he was still hungry. The prices were high for what you got. The server was nice and the meal was served prompt. I'm only writing this review in hopes they will read it and change things!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank dolphinshack
“Local gem”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Went for breakfast having been recommended by our hotel. Had the breakfast burrito which was excellent. Partner had the eggs benedict which looked great & confirmed it was amongst the best he'd eaten. Really friendly owner & service spot on. Top recommendation for St Augustine.

Visited September 2013
Sebago, Maine
“Long overdue compliments! Wonderful restaurant, fantastic service!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I feel remiss writing this 6 mo. late but life took hold... all I can say is that this is the nicest surprise in St. Augustine. The food was fantastic both for dinner and lunch. The service was exceptional - the owner greeted us and chatted with us a bit and even our small dogs were welcomed on the patio (and given their own bowl of ice water!). That is the kind of service here.

They created this funky oasis in the patio area that is wonderfully relaxing. The beer was ice cold and the food was terrific, all four of our meals were excellent and I think the prices make for a good value for certain!

Thanks Jaybirds, we shall be back soon - in a couple months!

Best,
Mike & Mo (And Harley & Dylan - the crazy cute doxies). Sorry for the delay in writing this :-(

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sebago1212
St. Augustine, Florida
“Ive heard good things.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ive heard many brag about their food. I went out for a girls lunch but i wasn't very hungry so i ordered a salad. My friend ordered a Reuben sandwich. She loved hers but my salad was bland. I am a salad lover but their spinach had a weird taste as if the mushrooms and eggs had been sitting in it for a long time and the boiled eggs in the salad had a sour taste. I ended up not eating anymore than maybe 6 bites because it was too nasty. Maybe next time ill just order breakfast, i heard they have good biscuits and gravy.

• Visited August 2013