“Great food, great ambiance, great service, great photos!”

Jaybird's Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family owned and operated. Voted Best Breakfast in St. Augustine. Full Bar, Wine, great selections of beers on tap, featured IPA on tap. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, wings, hand-tossed pizza, pasta, fish, homemade desserts. Indoor or outdoor seating. Hours of operation - Open 7 days a week: Breakfast 7:00 am - 2:00 pm Lunch 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
St. Augustine, Florida
“Great food, great ambiance, great service, great photos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stopped at Jaybird's for breakfast a couple of days ago, and were delighted from start to finish!! Upon entering the restaurant, we were struck by the large photos on the walls of birds, flowers, and state parks --- exquisite photography by, it turns out, the proprietor's brother. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Our server, Nate, was particularly attentive. The food was scrumptious! I'm a grits lover, and really enjoyed "Jo Jo's Jailhouse Grits", a delicious bowl of grits with a generous amount of ham and cheese in the middle, topped with two fried eggs (fried any way desired). The dish came with a homemade biscuit --- large and fluffy. My husband had an omelet STUFFED with spinach, cheese, and tomato. I tried a bite --- it was undoubtedly the best omelet I have ever tasted! For "dessert" we split a pecan-covered sticky bun, fresh, homemade, and to die for! I managed to leave without taking another one with me, but it was difficult --- and I've been thinking about that sticky bun ever since. Another nice thing about Jaybird's --- we sat indoors, but there is a very lovely outdoor area to sit in, complete with fountain, bridge, and stream. Please don't miss an opportunity for a great meal in a lovely place by bypassing Jaybird's! Go and enjoy --- you won't be disappointed!

• Slovak first
St. Augustine, Florida
“Jaybirds - a great new place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This new St Augustine restaurant (at the intersection of US1 and Rt 16) is open only for breakfast and lunch right now. My friends and I had difficulty deciding what to order from the large and varied menu. Four of us were totally pleased with the daily quiche which comes with a nice salad, and the others loved the Cuban. Everything seems to be homemade, and the desserts at the deli counter will be viewed next time before we order our entrees. Service is attentive, and the outdoor courtyard is nicely landscaped. We'll return to sample other menu items.

St. Augustine, Florida
“The Spot that hits the spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've been here 3 times in the last few weeks. Breakfast & lunch. They hope to open for dinner later in the year. Great parking, roomy foyer with welcoming staff. Lovely open plan dining room & outside tables are a huge bonus. We had lunch inside & a breakfast outside in the lovely garden. The waterfall is clever as it hides any traffic noise. Food was freshly made with fresh ingredients. For lunch we had their mozzarella cheese"sticks" with marinara sauce, it was beautiful, you can really taste the fresh basil. Cheese sticks weren't sticks, but fresh bread with the cheese in the middle dipped in a french toast type egg dip & then grilled SOOOO Good. The kids meals came with fresh fruit apple sauce if you asked for fruit, it was good too. The Mac & cheese was excellent. Our pea & ham soup, cuban sandwiches & fresh blackened Mahi-mahi sandwiches were great. At breakfast the coffee, toast & eggs were very good, substitutions were made with no fuss. Waiting staff, Barb from Chicago, & Mackenzie were well informed, attentive & charming girls. There is a deli counter for take home treats too. We are very happy to have such a nice eatery at this north end of St. Augustine at last. Great value.

“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This once used to be IHOP has had a lovely facelift. With a deli and full service resturant, this place is my new home away from home. The pool area was transformed into an outside oasis. Loved eating my lunch by the waterfall. My server, Mackenzie was very knowledgable about the menu and helped make my meal that much more enjoyable. Keep up the good work y'all.