“Shrimp Scampi”

Romano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #192 of 580 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Shrimp Scampi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Been here a few times , usually quite good, tonite not so good. Shrimp Scampi was served with what I would describe as wide flat egg noodles, (I requested fettucini) . The "cream sauce" was very tangy almost sour, wrong cheese? Had four butterfly shrimp with tails attached

Waited over 45 minutes after ordering. Wine was great..

• Visited April 2013

“Garbage”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Linguini with clams was awful, the Sicilian was too thick an soggy, and the Benedetta had too much ricotta. The service was so slow and it wasn't even that packed. Worst of all we could hear the manager yelling in the back the entire time. It was very awkward. Also they were very expensive. Will not go back.

3 Thank Chef_Master_83
St. Augustine, Florida
“Best italian food in St. Augustine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Wow! After living in Florida for 13 years, two of which have been in St. Augustine, our quest to find a true Jersey thin crust pizza brought us to Romano's on US1. The owners are from NJ and used to own a restaurant I frequented as a teenager. There were six of us and we ordered the vegetable pizza, the buffalo chicken pizza, pepperoni calzone, pepperoni/sausage Stromboli and eggplant parm over angel hair. Everything was hot, fresh and delicious. The generous portions were a little too much for us to finish - so we had "take home" that we could enjoy another time. The service is very friendly and they treat you like family. WE, too, are looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Bernadette S
St. Augustine FL
“Really good thin crust pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My first trip to Romano's when they first opened was a bust. They were using the previous owners equipment and the pizza was soggy and greasy.

One of my friends suggested that I give them another try since they had pizza ovens installed and had the kinks worked out.

Tonight I ordered a small sausage, onion, mushroom and green pepper pizza. I decided on carryout since I had been traveling all day.

The pizza was excellent, very thin crust with just the right amount of crust. I am really happy I decided to give them another try.

My only suggestion is if you like sauce, you should order some additional on the side.

On my next trip I plan to try the whole wheat crust.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank gregbooras
“Pizza joint trying to be an Italian Resteraunt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I live 5 miles from the resteraunt and have drove by it for over a year. We finally decided to give it a try. The appearance is nice and the booth comfortable. That is where the good ended. Our waitress was pleasant and brought us 2 glasses of house wine that for $5.50 a glass should have been more generously poured. Bread came next that was rock hard and would have been left un ate if not for the Entrees. Our Entrees were delivered to our table before our salad and the waitress explained it was " the kitchens fault ". I always thought the Wait staff dropped the Entree tickets after the salads were served : $ . The spaghetti and meatballs were out of the can sauce ok , but the stuffed shells were a joke. 3 mini shells , recently frozen that barely covered the middle of the plate for $14. The waitress asked how the food was and I said the Entree was appetizer sized and asked if they could fix that. She then went to the kitchen and came back and announced "that was the serving size". No offer of added portion or management involvement. Unbelievable........ My wife and I just looked at each other and came to the conclusion that at best , this was a Pizza joint trying to be a real Italian resteraunt . The other reviews must be ballot box stuffing because this place is NOWHERE near 5 stars. Don't waste your $$$$$$$$ .

1 Thank Matt C