“Excellent Food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Yalaha, Florida
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful price for incredible food. The chef made an effort to interact with us personally and talk with us while he was cooking at the table.

He made the experience fantastic. There was a little construction going on outside the building (on the building) so we could hear drills and/or hammers during our meal, no real complaint though.

Visited January 2013

St. Augustine, Florida
“Very nice addition to a town lacking in Asian cuisine”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I don't eat sushi so I cannot comment on that (major) element of the restaurant, but I had a nice meal. The interior/decor is wonderful, and was very unexpected to be honest! They have wonderful colour scheming, flashing lights, and great floor and walls. It all comes together specially in my opinion.

I sat alone, and was greeted by an Asian waitress, but she didn't offer her name or a welcome greeting. I did have a couple of questions and she accomodated my simple requests to the best of her ability (sauce substitution from one to another, and I asked if she had a spice tray which to be honest she was clueless about so I settled for Sriracha). The Hunan beef was good and comparable to anywhere else (it's tough to really blow someone away, me especially, with simple Asian beef or chicken dishes in a primarily Sushi/Hibachi grill/place I know), and everything went down a treat.

Only had a few issues really. Someones child was left to roam around the restaurant, and he kept staring at me and the other guests, as he made his laps around the dining room. This is never acceptable, regardless the time of day/night, or time of year. It was a little disturbing. Cute kid, but no thanks. Also I had a hot appetiser, and the main course came literally right out after my appetiser. Simple timing issue with a total guest count of 5 people in the entire restaurant. My waitress also did not return to the table to see how the food was. The other waitress working actually brought me my bill, and took the card and payment. I don't think I have ever had that happen.

All in all, this is a great little place. They are getting it right, and I wish I cared for seafood because then I could join the masses, and leave another review, clearly more suited for a Sushi/Hibachi restaurant.

Ill go back.

• Visited January 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish it was better!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have tried both Japanese and Chinese, and a friend the Sushi. It lacks flavor all around. I hope they will hire a new chef and bring the quality up!!

Visited October 2012
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Everything is the best! The Sushi is unlike any found for 60 miles. True Asian food, freshest ingredients and special orders or requests are never a problem. Bravo!

Visited December 2012
“I will eat here every single day!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Best Sushi in all of Northern Florida. Service, food, quality, cleanliness all perfect! And Ella, Benny and Wii are true gems. We eat here about two to three times a week. Always the best!!!

• Visited December 2012