“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mojo Old City BBQ

Mojo Old City BBQ
Ranked #29 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawrenceville, GA
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed a late lunch here on 7/20. The food was excellent, as was the service. Wonderful place to eat!

Tampa, Florida
“Spectacular BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughter and I were in St. Augustine visiting friends. They recommended Mojo and we weren't disappointed! The smell was irresistible as we approached the restaurant. We were seated immediately. They have a lot of seating and have a bar area as well. The atmosphere was nice ... just nothing special about it.

I ordered the Fried Pickle appetizer and the Smokehouse Chicken "Specialty" Sandwich with a side of BBQ Pit Beans. The Fried Pickles were served with Buttermilk Ranch and were so tasty. The sandwich was nothing, but delicious. The beans were yummy. Not the best I've ever had, but a close second. We all shared bites of our appetizers and entrees. My friend had the Kansas City Burnt Ends, which is beef brisket. OMG! I've never had brisket so good. This was actually an appetizer, but he ordered it with a few sides and had that as his meal. So delicious! For one of his sides, he had Sweet Potato Mash. It was delicious and sweet ... like a dessert. My other friend had the Pulled Pork Quesadilla appetizer. I've never had anything like it before. The meat was so tender and good. Everything I had that day was memorable.

A few of my friends had a couple things they weren't excited about. The green beans side wasn't bad, but they didn't find anything special about it. The cornbread was described as bland. I didn't try these myself for a first hand accounting.

If you are in St. Augustine, do not miss this place. It's directly across the street from the Tolomato Cemetary.

Salem, Oregon
“Too Darn Loud!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food here is delicious, but it was so noisy inside we couldn't even hear each other. We couldn't get out fast enough. We came in late so the place was pretty well emptied after a very busy evening. We should have sat outside, but didn't. The bar crowd on the other end was loud, as was the not very good live band. We sat at the far end, away from the noise but it was still unbearable. We considered taking our food to go before it arrived.
That said, the food was very good. I had pulled pork, mashed sweet potatoes and roasted corn, all excellent. The Fried Green Tomatoes were crispy and came with a spicy sauce. Others orders were well presented and tasty as well.
I would recommend sitting outside or taking your order to go for a more enjoyable meal.

Land O Lakes, Florida
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had just arrived in St. Augustine for a few days and we were exploring around historic district for dinner when we came across a wonderful smell and decided to investigate. After checking out the menu we went in and I'm glad we did. We were seated immediately and our waitress answered our many questions about the menu. She had a great attitude and enthusiasm. The beer was cold, the rib tips fabulous. Everyone was happy with their selections. I would definitely return and recommend giving it a try.

“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A fellow guest at our inn recommended this place as the "best BBQ" she'd ever had. It lived up to the expectation. We went for lunch and even the lunch portions were quite filling. I had the smoked turkey (very tender) with sides of Mac and Cheese (perfectly creamy and cheesy) and Sweet Potato Mash (good, not overly sweet). Oh, and I got the cornbread which had a little jalapeno flavor to it (though not spicy). Loved it. Hubby got the North Carolina pulled pork which has more of the vinegar flavor to it, and he enjoyed it (I enjoyed my taste of it as well) and this was the pork the other guest had recommended. My husband loved all the different BBQ sauces, especially the sweet and chipotle. He also got the Mac and Cheese. And he got fries which were good. Service was fast. Bathroom was clean.

Visited July 2013